British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

Fair to middling chance that this is the final competitive meeting at Armadale. Obviously I hope that’s not the case but Edinburgh will be 50 points on Friday minimum. 

Both teams at full strength?

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Truly refreshing to have two teams at full strength in both legs, no guests, no r/r........

Teams should take more care of their riders!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Fair to middling chance that this is the final competitive meeting at Armadale. Obviously I hope that’s not the case but Edinburgh will be 50 points on Friday minimum. 

Do the remaining NDL matches not count as competitive meetings? Mind you given the strength of the Armadale team, probably not (sadly)

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Truly refreshing to have two teams at full strength in both legs, no guests, no r/r........

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Teams should take more care of their riders!

Don't know how clubs can stop riders getting injured, especially as most ride for more than one team and / or abroad!

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Do the remaining NDL matches not count as competitive meetings? Mind you given the strength of the Armadale team, probably not (sadly)

Fair point! 

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Fair point! 

Perhaps Edinburgh's final match should be a NDL meeting, would probably still get a big crowd to say farewell to Armadale & hopefully out something in the kitty for when (I hope) land becomes available for a new track?

23 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Edinburgh will be 50 points on Friday minimum. 

Monarchs' recent results at Leicester:

July 2022 - 47-42

Sept 2021 - 47-43

season 2020 - n/a

July 2019 - 47-42

Absolutely nothing to fear. However, I hope we do our civic duty and bow out at this stage. Leicester finished top of the table and, therefore, deserve to win the title. Meanwhile, we finished a whopping 14 pts behind. There can only be one rightful winner in this tie.

Have a sneaking suspicion Edinburgh might go through this tie. Riders got bit of extra motivation with missing next season masters and Pickering in particular have very strong affinity for the club. Wouldn't an Edinburgh Glasgow play off final be a fitting send off to armadale? Having said that Poole Leicester is a certainty now ha 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

July 2022 - 47-42

Sept 2021 - 47-43

season 2020 - n/a

July 2019 - 47-42

Absolutely nothing to fear. However, I hope we do our civic duty and bow out at this stage. Leicester finished top of the table and, therefore, deserve to win the title. Meanwhile, we finished a whopping 14 pts behind. There can only be one rightful winner in this tie.

Remind me of the score at home this season though? They papped us. 

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Remind me of the score at home this season though? They papped us. 

Not sure you should fear the home leg. If Sam and Josh do their thing you're over halfway there. Lasse's looked better and better when I've seen him.

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

July 2022 - 47-42

Sept 2021 - 47-43

season 2020 - n/a

July 2019 - 47-42

I don't like play-offs & think table toppers should be crowned champions. However the team that wins the play-offs technically "deserves" to be Champions!

This suddenly got interesting! Be interesting to see how Leicester get on this Friday after tonight. 

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

This suddenly got interesting! Be interesting to see how Leicester get on this Friday after tonight. 

If it follows what happened away against Scunthorpe and Plymouth early in the season then expect a better display from Leicester. Have you seen Steve Shovlars comment on the Poole v Leicester thread?

The Monarchs are no push-overs.Not many riders enjoy Armadale and Their Top 2 can easily go through the card at most tracks,wish them well