British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

So why have Poole fans taken over a thread involving Edinburgh and  Leicester 

And this was way before Lawson and MPT were mentioned .

But back on topic as I say I fancy the Monarchs to just edge this over the two legs.

Poole fans have only responded to others. 

Back to the topic, I disagree I think Leicester will be back to form over the two legs and win comfortably. 

6 hours ago, justathought said:

How does an Edinburgh v Leicester topic end up talking about Poole ? 

Exactly.

Monarchs have come into form at the right time with their less experienced riders now having had a full season. 
On the other hand, Leicester seem to have peaked and are on the way down, so I expect a comfortable win tonight, maybe 52-38 with a score in the 40s tomorrow to see them through to the final. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Monarchs have come into form at the right time with their less experienced riders now having had a full season. 
On the other hand, Leicester seem to have peaked and are on the way down, so I expect a comfortable win tonight, maybe 52-38 with a score in the 40s tomorrow to see them through to the final. 

Interesting. 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Just don't see that myself, I think Leicester have better riders overall and they will bounce back. This team did top the league table, one bad result doesn't mean that they are a terrible team now. 

• Like 1

I think Leicester's inactivity over the past 6-7 weeks will bite them on the bum as it did in the cup, very hard to ride back into form once the rust has set in. Monarchs to score big tonight and finish the job tomorrow.

Edited by Bagpuss

Will be pretty close over the two legs but overall I think Leicester  will come out on top and just hope the weather plays ball.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Monarchs to svire big to ight a d finish the job tomorrow.

Is your tractor interfering with your keyboard young man?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Leicester's inactivity over the past 6-7 weeks will bite them on the bum as it did in the cup, very hard to ride back into form once the rust has set in. Monarchs to svire big to ight a d finish the job tomorrow.

They all double up/down so they've hardly been inactive.

• Like 2

Edinburgh for me. As someone has already mentioned, they seem to be running into form at the right time.

Can always count on Masters and Pickering for a bag full of points so I think a lot will depend on the contributions of Thomson and Castagna.

Edinburgh are certainly the dark horses to be crowned champions. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And the fixtures in the other two leagues have been even worse! 

Should have said relative inactivity, Edinburgh (and Poole) been far busier in the last couple of months.

Edited by Bagpuss

44 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Edinburgh for me. As someone has already mentioned, they seem to be running into form at the right time.

Can always count on Masters and Pickering for a bag full of points so I think a lot will depend on the contributions of Thomson and Castagna.

Edinburgh are certainly the dark horses to be crowned champions. 

I would say we have a fair chance in this tie but should we make the final vs Poole then we would lose convincingly. Vs Glasgow it would be tighter but I think we’d still fall short. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Exactly! The only people getting rusty would be Craig Cook and Connor Bailey for Glasgow.