British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole(44) v Leicester(46) KO Cup semi final 2nd leg 21/09

So I can't believe this one has slipped through the net?!

Both teams  line up in their full 1-7s, with Lions just making a change to the riding order for Dan at 4 and Connor at 2.

Last time the Lions came to Wimborne Road in early June they won by 4 points with Dan Thompson their trump card at reserve top-scoring with 11+2 from 6 rides.

Thats not going to happen again plus Pirates are riding in top form at the moment.

Its nice and sunny with a warm(ish) breeze on the South Coast today - no rain forecast but will doubtless be colder this evening. I'll go with 49-41 to Poole on the night.

Thoughts......?

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So I can't believe this one has slipped through the net?!

Both teams  line up in their full 1-7s, with Lions just making a change to the riding order for Dan at 4 and Connor at 2.

Last time the Lions came to Wimborne Road in early June they won by 4 points with Dan Thompson their trump card at reserve top-scoring with 11+2 from 6 rides.

Thats not going to happen again plus Pirates are riding in top form at the moment.

Its nice and sunny with a warm(ish) breeze on the South Coast today - no rain forecast but will doubtless be colder this evening. I'll go with 49-41 to Poole on the night.

Thoughts......?

When you look at the teams it seems obvious that there won't be much between them overall, Danny King had a poor night last time Leicester were at Wimborne Road too, obvious weak links are Ablitt and Joe Thompson so Zach will have to be somewhere near his best, I believe the turning point at Leicester was Kemp and Zach getting a 5-1 in heat 14.  This meeting could go either way but I think and hope we can edge it overall. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

What happens if it is a tie on aggregate?

Three from each team progress, along with Chris Harris.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Golden Heat. Scores 4 for win 3, 2  0.

I think that’s only in a PL league match. Golden Heats are detailed in SR 11.1.29, each team manager nominates riders for 3 additional heats and the first team to score a heat advantage wins. Scoring is usual 3-2-1-0

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think that’s only in a PL league match. Golden Heats are detailed in SR 11.1.29, each team manager nominates riders for 3 additional heats and the first team to score a heat advantage wins. Scoring is usual 3-2-1-0

Yes, you are correct. If still a draw after three golden heats there will be three more and so on. Could be there all night but I don't think it will come down to golden heats!

10 minutes to go. Decent crowd. Good atmosphere. Christina Turnbull referee.

COYP

• Like 1

I feel a bit better about the demolition we took at Wimborne road last week with our patchwork team,that Leicester with there a full team could only muster the same score.

• Like 2

do KOC scores count towards average?