British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd have to disagree with the last comment as Kemp has just finished with his highest Champ average yet!

I do agree that he hasn't ridden to his early potential though!

Big task would be keeping his Champ average in the top 5 (if he has a team).

I would say last season was a massive chance not taken. He had a fresh start at two new, good clubs who both win the vast majority of their home meetings and he didn't really kick on with either of them. I actually think he was better as a sixteen year old at Sheffield 2019 for a spell when he looked a fantastic prospect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd have to disagree with the last comment as Kemp has just finished with his highest Champ average yet!

I do agree that he hasn't ridden to his early potential though!

Big task would be keeping his Champ average in the top 5 (if he has a team).

He’s been at Ipswich and Wolves which clearly don’t suit him, somewhere like Sheffield or Peterborough I think would be really good for him.

7 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

He’s been at Ipswich and Wolves which clearly don’t suit him, somewhere like Sheffield or Peterborough I think would be really good for him.

He was ok when he was at reserve for Poole but he ended up a poor second string and only came good in the odd race.At Wolves I think he has been poor most of the season at reserve. Personally I don't like his attitude and I don't want him back at Poole.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He was ok when he was at reserve for Poole but he ended up a poor second string and only came good in the odd race.At Wolves I think he has been poor most of the season at reserve. Personally I don't like his attitude and I don't want him back at Poole.

I don’t think it’s his attitude, I think he really struggles mentally when things aren’t going well. You can see it clearly in his body language.

I think Simon Stead could get the best out of him, spoke to Drew on Sunday when he was at a practice session at Scunthorpe and he said he didn’t have a team place in the UK for next season which is a shame as I think he’s done the hard work now and believe he will kick on with the right encouragement and team behind him 

Quality signing in Lewis Kerr and should do well next season starting at reserve.

There was a rumour that he was signing for another club, which I did not understand as both rider and club were very complementary of each other and seem a perfect fit.

On the subject of the Rising Star I am hoping that we get Dan Gilkes or failing that I would like Connor Bailey instead.

Not particularly keen to see Drew Kemp comeback.

We had him at the club before for 2019 season, and he started like a stream train and looked a great prospect.

But he quickly went of the boil, and he looked a shadow of the rider that we had seen at the start of the season.

He would gate with the other riders but appeared to gate with other riders into the first bend, but appeared to back off and dare I say lack a bit of bravery.

And to be honest since in the meetings I have seen at him  return to Sheffield I have not seen any further improvement. 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

I don’t think it’s his attitude, I think he really struggles mentally when things aren’t going well. You can see it clearly in his body language.

Well I suppose he needs to learn you have to accept what life throws at you sometimes and it isn't always plain sailing.

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Anyone know what's happening with Kyle?

Kyle!:t:

16 hours ago, RideHard said:

Wrong…

Nobody will have a better rider starting at reserve in 2023. Great to see Lewis back hopefully he continues where he left off last season. Will take a lot of pressure off the RS whoever it may be 

I was told Leicester at first. Admit I was told wrong there. 

30 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Dan gilkes is your rising star 

Any confirmation of that anywhere?

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

So how do you know then ?

Because -

1) he is cleverer than you

2) people like him more than you and tell him things

:P

• Like 1