British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

Holder is a busted flush, don't see these changes making them an awful lot stronger personally but we shall see. 

• Like 2

That's one hell of a gamble.

Tai is a decent replacement for Jack Holder, in fact given the choice of the two I would go with Tai.

Chris Holder for Adam Ellis should improve the team, Adam has been off form all season.

Vissing for Kerr, won't be a popular choice.

Vissing is not a popular rider at Sheffield. 

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

That's one hell of a gamble.

But one it seems they had to make. “Commitment issues” clearly aimed at Ellis, and going by his last outing I guess they had no choice but to make changes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

Tai is a decent replacement for Jack Holder, in fact given the choice of the two I would go with Tai.

Chris Holder for Adam Ellis should improve the team, Adam has been off form all season.

Vissing for Kerr, won't be a popular choice.

Vissing is not a popular rider at Sheffield. 

Ellis and Kerr to Leicester then in place of Sedgmen or Worrall and Cook

The Chris Holder that averaged 4.3 points in 8 matches for Leszno this season, it’s certainly a gamble.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

But one it seems they had to make. “Commitment issues” clearly aimed at Ellis, and going by his last outing I guess they had no choice but to make changes. 

Agree, I would've kept Kerr though and just looked for an Ellis replacement considering the Tigers are likely to face Wolves in the play-offs (Track Noddy hates)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Ellis and Kerr to Leicester then in place of Sedgmen or Worrall and Cook

I would say Kerr to Leicester would make sense.

Not too sure about Adam going in for either Sedgie or Worrall.

Or maybe a change of track might just be the change he needs. 

49 minutes ago, mikebv said:

He will be "injured" that night, and they will bring Freddie Lindgren in...

Special dispensation, at the discretion of the MC, in the interests of Speedway etc etc etc 

What no lawyers involved!

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Agree, I would've kept Kerr though and just looked for an Ellis replacement considering the Tigers are likely to face Wolves in the play-offs (Track Noddy hates)

I agree, just get a new 5 pointer , Peterborough proved there are riders available.

• Like 1

How was this allowed - presumably visa were required

Two Brits replaced by two foreigners who are (by necessity of averages) considered inferior

I thought Brexit meant Brexit ;)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Holder is a busted flush, don't see these changes making them an awful lot stronger personally but we shall see. 

My thinking as well....don't really like the rule with riders coming in for the play offs but these changes  are like for like at best 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

The Chris Holder that averaged 4.3 points in 8 matches for Leszno this season, it’s certainly a gamble.

In two of their recent matches Holder only completed two of his rides before being substituted by a team member. Didn’t contribute much to the scoring. Just rides mid track, not a good signing.