British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Two British lads losing jobs to an Aussie and a Dane...

UK Speedway... :D

Three world class riders...

In their formative years...

One learned to ride in Oz...

One in Germany....

And the other was an MXer with obvious natural talent on a Speedway bike...

A conveyer belt of talent, all driven by the UK's fantastic plan to protect places for UK riders...:D

If you saw Ellis at Peterborough and at Sheffield last Thursday you would know that Ellis dropped himself, Kerr went because of the obsession we have with averages

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well he has got more titles  than Belle Vue in the modern era!

He should have the most titles won ever given his contribution to virtually every team, every season...:D

Bottom line is, of course, it doesn't really matter anyway does it, such is the way they devalue their very own competitons. 

Even the individual titles are now avoided by many of the riders, when, once, they at least had some credibility and kudos in winning..

Fair play to Bomber, he never ducks...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

If you saw Ellis at Peterborough and at Sheffield last Thursday you would know that Ellis dropped himself, Kerr went because of the obsession we have with averages

Or it was a big F U because he knew.......

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

Explaining what?

explain to a football fan that your team makes changes before a transfer window shuts, it will be a big deal in football in a few days with Sky having a full nights programme about who is signing, being loaned to who before the transfer window shuts

I'm sorry but you can't compare it to football. Transfers in football have a shut off time and aren't all season round. Speedway teams are being changed all round the season when some simply don't have much wrong with them! You don't get Marcus Rashford signing for man City for two matches do you ? That what it feels like to me. Its all over the place 

Edited by DiveBomb
Spelling
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe Sheffield should have signed Kyle Newman

Patience - there's still 3 hours left til the window closes.....

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Or it was a big F U because he knew.......

I don't think that is the case, his father was on here denying he had been dropped but it wouldn't be that much of a surprise given his form.

Personally I would have dropped him but kept Kerr who had done nothing wrong, I doubt Chris Holder or Vissing will set the world alight, they are both well past their best.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Endeavour said:

So Lewis Kerr plays his part and I would say has done what is expected from him for Sheffield.

Popular with all fans of Clubs he has ridden for. Sheffield looking good for play offs.

Another GB rider callously tossed aside to accommodate an ageing Holder who has shown scant interest in riding in the UK in recent years and a Dane.   Shocking state of affairs

Chris holder had agreed a deal with Panthers this season only to be back stabbed by the promoter !

• Like 2

In the Sheffield statement it said they were faced with rider commitment issues in the last week or so, which forced them into changes - must've been referring to Ellis or Kerr - maybe because Ellis said he wasn't riding for a week? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a rule that team changes are no longer possible after team rode 75% of regular season meetings.

When did they remove it?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

In the Sheffield statement it said they were faced with rider commitment issues in the last week or so, which forced them into changes - must've been referring to Ellis or Kerr - maybe because Ellis said he wasn't riding for a week? 

Nothing wrong with Kerr's commitment on Saturday, but they had fixed him up with a move to Leicester, think you may be right with the last part of your post.

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Two Brits replaced by two foreigners

Ellis is French.

• Haha 3

Bloody hell, I thought I'd accidently logged onto the BNP forum with all this "these bloody foreigners steelin' British jobs" rubbish. A change was needed, Adam had a lot of expectation on him this season and unfortunately it's not been met, I don't think anyone can deny that and it's hard to see a rider we all know is capable struggling. Hopefully some time off will do him some good and he can refocus and come back stronger, whether that be for Sheffield or another side. 

Lewi has been victim of averages. Which is a shame as he has been a constantly good performance and was forming good rides with woffy when they were paired together. Sort of Glad to see he's been immediately been picked up by Leicester, but could prove a real thorn in ours side if we meet Leicester at any point in the play offs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Ellis is French.

No he isn't, born in France but not French.Jason Crump was born in Bristol, Mark Loram was born in Malta.

Edited by foreverblue