British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

Surely Sheffield won't be allowed to bring in Jack Holder for Tai Woffinden?

Sheffield redeclared their 1-7 and Woffinden's new average is 8.85, whilst Jack Holder's average is 8.91.

If Sheffield want Woffinden, they would have to redeclare their 1-7. 

6 hours ago, spin king said:

I am actually take exception to that last comment;

Before the Grand Final started I posted the following on the Belle Vue v Sheffield Grand Final 1st leg thread.

For me Belle Vue start as rank favourites, and the Play Off Finals could be won by heat 10.

The signing of Robert Lambert number 4 in the world gives Belle Vue a massive advantage, they already had a decent side already either with Fricke or Rider Replacement.

Bringing in Lambert who has fallen into Belle Vue's lap is a Masterstroke, is it cheating?

I don't think so.

Will it make for a better more exciting Final?

I don't think so.

To start quoting Lambert's record and the fact that he has not rode Sheffield for a number years is bull crap, he is the World Number 4 for a reason.

Sheffield are new to the top league, and in our 2nd season we have made the Final, on step further than last season so the club is progressing. 

And after the 2nd leg had been raced I posted the following;

Congratulations to Belle Vue in winning the Play Off Final.

The atmosphere on the night was electric, and credit has to be given to the Aces supporters who turned out in numbers.

Its a pity the camera's did not capture the atmosphere, as I can tell you the atmosphere was there.

The Aces supporters celebrated Polish style with smoke bombs and flares, which I did not mind apart from the smell, which smelt like dog rubbish.

The referee decisions were in my opinion mostly correct after looking at the replays on the phone.

I think Belle Vue came into the meeting to simply defend the 12 point lead and frustrate the Tigers, and we were chasing the in the meeting all night.

But cannot fault our riders who put in 100% effort, but the Aces were just to good for us over the two legged final, and the signing of Robert Lambert as I suspected swung the advantage to Belle Vue.

We now move onto the League Cup Final as consolation winning silverware against Kings Lynn so we are still in with a chance of winning something.

Finally for me the Play Off's should stay, the tension and excitement that they create means they should stay.    

Post liked by many Aces fans, and was responded to by one Aces in the next post with these comments;

Brilliant and honest post from a Tigers fan. A breath of fresh air.

And who posted that comment?

Aces No 5.

•  
  •  

One of a minority, hence the "breath of fresh air" comment! I've seen far more "cheat" posts from Tigers (and they still throw it around now!) than I've seen honest posts like yours.

Maybe I should amend my original post to "after the rubbish most of them spouted last season and continue to do so!"

6 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Surely Sheffield won't be allowed to bring in Jack Holder for Tai Woffinden?

Sheffield redeclared their 1-7 and Woffinden's new average is 8.85, whilst Jack Holder's average is 8.91.

If Sheffield want Woffinden, they would have to redeclare their 1-7. 

Don’t think Jack will be riding in Premier again this season. What will Sheffield do now as it looks as if Tai will be out for a while

17 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Don’t think Jack will be riding in Premier again this season. What will Sheffield do now as it looks as if Tai will be out for a while

Tai has changed from being a 28 day facility rider to a full time team member. His 28 day period ended  last Wednesday 30th. Due to this and the ridiculous decision to revert to a ruling whereby you cannot sign a new team member as injury cover at play off time, it’s now down to guests or rider replacement. 

12 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Just use Lambert as a guest in the play offs

Or sign another GP rider, I am sure BV won't want us to use a guest in the play offs

I don’t want you to use guests in the play offs as I’ve always thought it a stupid rule to stop a team finding an adequate full time replacement at their time of need. I’m not a fan of guests even if it rubs folk on here up the wrong way. 

At home you can use Max Fricke which makes tou a bit stronger but you couldn’t use Max away as he is too good to allow it, similarly with Emil & Jason should Ipswich not qualify for the play offs. 

Lambert cannot guest and I doubt Artem would take the booking though Bates would  bankrupt the club if it got him some tin. 

You’ll probably have to go with R/R but this can be tricky as demonstrated when Belle Vue lost out on a sure fire win in 2021. 
Edit: Max’s new average means he can guest home & away for Tai if the Lions don’t make it. Like for like so nothing lost for the Tigers. 

Edited by ouch

7 minutes ago, ouch said:

I don’t want you to use guests in the play offs as I’ve always thought it a stupid rule to stop a team finding an adequate full time replacement at their time of need. I’m not a fan of guests even if it rubs folk on here up the wrong way. 

At home you can use Max Fricke which makes tou a bit stronger but you couldn’t use Max away as he is too good to allow it, similarly with Emil & Jason should Ipswich not qualify for the play offs. 

Lambert cannot guest and I doubt Artem would take the booking though Bates would  bankrupt the club if it got him some tin. 

You’ll probably have to go with R/R but this can be tricky as demonstrated when Belle Vue lost out on a sure fire win in 2021. 

Max has a lower average than Tai so can be used home or away.

32 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I think Jack will be advised by his Polish club to sit out the rest of the season over here and concentrate on his Polish commitments and just ride over there till their done plus the remaining GPs if he's had no reaction from riding last night that is, as for guests it's a bit premature mentioning Fricke coz as it stands Leicester still have a fighting chance of the play offs, Ipswich have to win at King's Lynn really and hope Leicester don't pick up any points from their last couple of meetings.

In the interests of the sport, Sheffield will surely be allowed to sign /use /loan/borrow whoever they like …….Bartosz Smarslik would be a good crowd puller …. Belle Vue threaded a needle through the rule book last year so there is precedent which counts for a lot English/ Welsh law. 
If they need any help I am certain Ford and Middleditch will be able to help them. :-0

13 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

In the interests of the sport, Sheffield will surely be allowed to sign /use /loan/borrow whoever they like …….Bartosz Smarslik would be a good crowd puller …. Belle Vue threaded a needle through the rule book last year so there is precedent which counts for a lot English/ Welsh law. 
If they need any help I am certain Ford and Middleditch will be able to help them. :-0

I agree Zmazlik would have been a great replacement and had we stuck with the rules that we rode to last year, that would have been allowed. Unfortunately for us few long suffering fans, they re wrote the rules so it’s a no go this year. 
I also agree with you that their cartel mates could come to their aid and we’ll see this seasons rules broken again. 

Edited by ouch

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Why not?

Edited by arnieg

31 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Why not?

He is on assessed average, can’t guest on assessed average. 

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He is on assessed average, can’t guest on assessed average. 

Is it not an actually achieved average from 2019?