British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Aces Play off Semi Final 1st leg 29/9/22

Think Ipswich can put this tie to bed tonight.

Fancy BV to struggle without Fricke who's been a weapon around the technical tracks this year.

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Think Ipswich can put this tie to bed tonight.

Fancy BV to struggle without Fricke who's been a weapon around the technical tracks this year.

Well an in form Cook should bolster the away team - like last night!! :t::rofl:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

The Aces need to hold it to 10 points tonight to stand any chance in the second leg. I fancied us to get to the final before Fricke got injured, but not now, no team in the play offs can afford to lose their number 1 and still win the title.  I expect a 14 to 16 point win for Ipswich tonight.

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

We won’t be favs. Ipswich beat us over 2 legs twice this year. Got closer to anyone at NSS this year. And we will be doing our home leg without our no1.

ipswich could easily beat us 60-30 tonight meaning tie over 

fixtures A Ipswich 47 Aces 43 / Aces 48 Ipswich 42 / Aces win by 2pts  fixtures B Ipswich 50 Aces 40 / Aces 60 Ipswich 30 Aces win by 20pts !! also Wolves been closest to Aces at NSS losing 47-43 !! also kings lynn matched ipswich losing 48-42 !! but you are correct on Aces not having there number 1 !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think Aces will win over the two legs even without Max Fricke, remember Jason Doyle can only ride a maximum of 5 heats in each leg! :D

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

fixtures A Ipswich 47 Aces 43 / Aces 48 Ipswich 42 / Aces win by 2pts  fixtures B Ipswich 50 Aces 40 / Aces 60 Ipswich 30 Aces win by 20pts !! also Wolves been closest to Aces at NSS losing 47-43 !! also kings lynn matched ipswich losing 48-42 !! but you are correct on Aces not having there number 1 !! 

Think you will find that Sheffield won there this season

49 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

That was cup. Everyone beat us in cup 

Edited by PhilTheAce

Tonight I can see a heavy defeat for BV 55-35, and a loss on aggregate.I, along with most others, tipped Sheffield for the title and I have not seen anything else to change my mind.

1 hour ago, NSS1 said:

Got the an and b mixed up. Yes you’re right. But still. Ipswich kept it close. And probably would have done in the b fixtures if it hadn’t have been for Doyle’s bike troubles. 

I fully expect a big ippo win today and a narrow belle Vue win Monday 

38 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Got the an and b mixed up. Yes you’re right. But still. Ipswich kept it close. And probably would have done in the b fixtures if it hadn’t have been for Doyle’s bike troubles. 

Ioswich will do much better at the NSS this time, but the bike trouble by Doyle didn't have much effect on the b fixture would of still been a 20 point plus win..  I'm going 53-37 to Ipswich tonight and 48-42 to the Aces on Monday.  Fricke being out totally changes this match up.

I cant see where the Witches will get a big win tonight, they have only reached 50 3 times this season.

hoping for any win tbh, but Aces to win on agg

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

A fixtures in may/June 47-43 /48-42 

B fixtures july/August 50-40 60-30 

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

Correct along with wolves in the cup with Allen instead of Zagar enough said :t:

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Think Aces will win over the two legs even without Max Fricke, remember Jason Doyle can only ride a maximum of 5 heats in each leg! :D

I remember once against Cov when they let Crump score a full house but sat in behind and collected 3-3's...

When is say 'let' they probably didn't but he was too good, so the game plan was just not concede heat advantages in his races...

Same tonight for the Aces would work...