British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Glasgow 28/09/22 play off SF 1st leg

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I know Hume wasn't riding last night but neither he nor Basso seemed to find it a problem last year in Poole's double-winning season!!

Poole are a strong is the bottom line.

46 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

Not that strange, I was watching 4 screens at once and focussing on the front of the race Adam was watching the back #Teamwork 

I thought Adam did really well on comms - not just last night either!!

I did feel for Lee Kilby when Swindon's demise was brought up. Poor bloke couldn't hide his heartfelt emotion. As for all the insults that Lee and Rosco have been suffering its just not on, Neither are 'on the board' or had any influence on the latest outcomes. Shame

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

least we see proper racing at our place”

Spot on Blobby…….I’ll stick by that statement 100%

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I think the importance of a good manager is often overlooked. 

Ditto that with a Captain... I'm not sure Tom Brennan is captain material (yet)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Do we know when the likely final leg at Poole will be if they get through? :)

Not the 12th Oct as that is KOC final. 

5 hours ago, HGould said:

We're in to the nitty gritty of the season now and one aspect of Team Building starts to show through.

It's an aspect that Poole + Leicester (to a slightly lesser degree) have in common.

Look at the Poole team, 3 heat leaders whose career bread and butter has been UK speedway. No pretentions (especially at this stage of their career) of doing anything else than to get in to play offs and elongating their income drawing periods for another season. Two Aussies who t the best of my knowledge don't ride any where else. Ablitt trying to transitions up and only one with any pretentions of cracking Europe, and surprise surprise, he's the weakest link.

Leicester and not dis-similar certainly the other Worrall, Howarth, Thompsons and Mountain.

Comments a few times lately about Brennan and his attitude. Is he trying to run before he can walk, Undoubtedly the lads got ability, bags of it but s his head being turned by the bright lights of Poland and Europe. You can have all the ability in the world but if your attitude sucks, its a slippery slope. Obviously he and Basso want to do well in SGP2 and U23 Team Events but Glasgow pay their wages and I'd make the point that unlike a far more focussed Poole team last night, did Brennan and Basso actually put in 100% like at least 6 of the Poole team did?

That's the difference at the business end! of the season. 

Spot on.

13 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Do we know when the likely final leg at Poole will be if they get through? :)

Surely next Wednesday, they've got 3 home meetings to fit into 4 weeks. 

Or do they think they have the right to stage the second leg?

Any Tigers fans that weren’t there last night might be pleased to know that Danyon was in the pits throughout supporting his team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

At Poole last November in the Playoff Final 56-34 also lost by the same score in the 2021 league fixture.

Signed 2 Poole riders to try and improve our chances, both have done well this season but same old story in the playoffs.

Yes, but I can’t easily remember the last time we had 60 put past us. 

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I know Hume wasn't riding last night but neither he nor Basso seemed to find it a problem last year in Poole's double-winning season!!

Remember, Basso wasn’t riding at #1 for Poole. He’s come on fantastically but that was his first meeting at #1. Probably not the ideal time, and his ascent to the top has also been helped by Craig’s average reducing so much. If Craig and Basso were still at their old positions, I suspect Basso would’ve done better and Craig’s experience would’ve held up better. Hard to knock Basso though - he’s really excelled this season especially at home, and he made one of the most incredible passes I’ve ever seen at Ashfield only a few weeks ago. He’s an absolute delight to watch when he’s on it.

18 minutes ago, MMX Events said:

Any Tigers fans that weren’t there last night might be pleased to know that Danyon was in the pits throughout supporting his team.

Yeah, he was interviewed on BSN. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Surely next Wednesday, they've got 3 home meetings to fit into 4 weeks. 

Or do they think they have the right to stage the second leg?

Leicester definitely have that right! Whether it is against Poole or Glasgow.

Poole do have 2nd leg at home in KOC final though. 

Edited by lisa-colette

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Leicester definitely have that right! Whether it is against Poole or Glasgow.

Poole do have 2nd leg at home in KOC final though. 

So are we maybe looking at 19th then! 

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Yes, but I can’t easily remember the last time we had 60 put past us. 

Remember, Basso wasn’t riding at #1 for Poole. He’s come on fantastically but that was his first meeting at #1. Probably not the ideal time, and his ascent to the top has also been helped by Craig’s average reducing so much. If Craig and Basso were still at their old positions, I suspect Basso would’ve done better and Craig’s experience would’ve held up better. Hard to knock Basso though - he’s really excelled this season especially at home, and he made one of the most incredible passes I’ve ever seen at Ashfield only a few weeks ago. He’s an absolute delight to watch when he’s on it.

We know!!