British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Glasgow 28/09/22 play off SF 1st leg

2 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Looking a bit damp all day tomorrow. Wonder if early decision to call off?

Yeah it Sunday at 6pm now.

• Like 1

Sensible decision. Now lets get 31 ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Topcat said:

Sensible decision. Now lets get 31 ahead.

Really Poole's 3 heat leaders should get the points required 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Really Poole's 3 heat leaders should get the points required 

10 each would do it as long as the others completed their races.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I never said he was 'THAT bad' just average at many away tracks and certainly didn't look like a No. 1 although he's a very good rider, he's young so his best days are ahead of him and he's very entertaining. 

Bottom line Basso wasn’t the let down away from home IMO

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I never said he was 'THAT bad' just average at many away tracks and certainly didn't look like a No. 1 although he's a very good rider, he's young so his best days are ahead of him and he's very entertaining. 

Imo Basso is only at number 1, because he's been riding in a second string position all year (till Wednesday) even when he was going better than Brennan & Ostergaard, riding order was never changed!

If he was given a shot at number 5, two things could have happened - got used to harder races (heat 13) to prepare him for the number 1 spot - or dropped more points leaving Cook at number 1.

I don't know why most team managers refuse to make changes to the riding order throughout the year based on who's on form?

Edited by szkocjasid

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Imo Basso is only at number 1, because he's been riding in a second string position all year (till Wednesday) even when he was going better than Brennan & Ostergaard, riding order was never changed!

If he was given a shot at number 5, two things could have happened - got used to harder races (heat 13) to prepare him for the number 1 spot - or dropped more points leaving Cook at number 1.

I don't know why most team managers refuse to make changes to the riding order throughout the year based on who's on form?

My guess is they wanted to keep Brennan at 5 to try to maximise his improvement. Personally, I think 5 has been a stretch for him and riding at 3 would’ve been better once Basso’s average went up. I do think having Tom at 5 and Ulle at 3 was a good move though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

10 each would do it as long as the others completed their races.

If they all performed badly just 8 each would do it if the other four riders got at least 2 points each.

• Thanks 1

with the U23 Team Final tomorrow being postponed i'm guessing Brennan and Kemp are riding?

• Like 2

There is no risk of 30 points being overhauled. Not going to happen. If the lead was 18 points I would say the same. Not going to happen.  The Poole team I riding too well and is solid. It didn’t happen when we were riding mediocre mid season, so why would it happen when we are riding well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is no risk of 30 points being overhauled. Not going to happen. If the lead was 18 points I would say the same. Not going to happen.  The Poole team I riding too well and is solid. It didn’t happen when we were riding mediocre mid season, so why would it happen when we are riding well?

All three of your heat leaders are looking in fine form and Lawson and Worrall are always great around Ashfield so there's no chance of the Tigers hauling back a 30 point lead especially now that your lower order riders have had 2 practice races around the Ashfield track last Sunday. Good luck in the final :cheers:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

A beautiful, warm sunny Saturday afternoon in Glasgow today....  

You should work for the BBC with that s-h-i-t stirring narrative.

Edited by MD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

A beautiful, warm sunny Saturday afternoon in Glasgow today....  

Correct me if I am wrong but think it was more the amount of rain yesterday that was the problem.