British Speedway Forum
Garry1603

Belle Vue 2023

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Strange that Jakobsen is higher than Jack Holder 

Not to me as he can be hit and miss. His results outside of the UK are clearly not always as impressive as the hype but it does go to show that stats do not always tell the whole story.  Failed to qualify for the GPs by some distance but got a 'wild card' ahead of many others, then finished 12th in the series itself but did manage to qualify this time for next season.  He is obviously better than Jakobsen in the UK and will get better international results as well I think. 

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He is obviously better than Jakobsen in the UK and will get better international results as well I think. 

Only because he's ridden in the UK longer and on a consistent basis. 

I wouldn't be surprised if their averages are very similar come the end of the 2023 season.

FJ41 could easily become an out and out heat leader for the Stars. So having him start at reserve is a real steal. Unless he's going into 2 or 4. Either way he can certainly hold his own and add at least 2 points to his average.

1 hour ago, JackPells said:

I wouldn't be surprised if their averages are very similar come the end of the 2023 season.

FJ41 could easily become an out and out heat leader for the Stars. So having him start at reserve is a real steal. Unless he's going into 2 or 4. Either way he can certainly hold his own and add at least 2 points to his average.

He will add 2 points without even riding as that's what he actually achieved had all the meetings been used as they should've been!!

2 hours ago, JackPells said:

He will jump into the top 5 as soon as the averages come out. It think he will swap with TJ over the season. No way will be an out heat leader. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 hours ago, RideHard said:

Zagar is a big loss,  don’t think they’ll be good enough on away tracks to get the aggregate points.

Zagar was an absolute pleasure to watch at the NSS all year, but his away scores were generally disappointing.  Fricke was better away from the NSS but I'd expect Bewley to be better.

Kurtz was pretty good away from NSS score wise as was Wright.

I actually think Belle Vue maybe less dominant at the NSS in 2023 than they were in 2022 but better on their travels.

On 12/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, Col said:

I don't think he does....

From https://www.bellevue-speedway.com/news/belle-vue-aces-2023

I have assumed Lidsey starts at reserve, as his average is the 6th highest ignoring Brennan's 25% RS reduction.

Dan Bewley 8.96
Brady Kurtz 8.24
Charles Wright 6.29
Norick Blodorn 5.45
Jaimon Lidsey 5.16
Tom Brennan 4.40
Jake Mulford RS

Brennan definitely starts at reserve

28 minutes ago, johnno4 said:

No Zagar , big mistake 

Not sure it is, but out of interest which two riders would you not have and who would join Zagar instead?

i think Zagar is in extra league this year, with Fricke, and Pederson. in same team.

6 minutes ago, DazS said:

i think Zagar is in extra league this year, with Fricke, and Pederson. in same team.

Not listed in the Grudziądz squad on the Ekstraliga App.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DazS said:

Zagar has not got a Polish ride(yet) but has signed a " Warsaw contract" with Torun- which means if anyone comes in for him he can sign for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Dan Bewley 8.96
Brady Kurtz 8.24
Charles Wright 6.29
Norick Blodorn 5.45
Jaimon Lidsey 5.16
Tom Brennan 4.40
Jake Mulford RS

Brennan definitely starts at reserve

Has always been that reductions only count in the team building calculation but don't affect thd riding order - Brennan should therefore start in the 1-5

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Has always been that reductions only count in the team building calculation but don't affect thd riding order - Brennan should therefore start in the 1-5

Depends which reduction

2.5% yes

8% no

So the correct answer is that it'll be whatever the rulebook says, so we are going to be waiting another month ir two for a definitive answer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Depends which reduction

2.5% yes

8% no

So the correct answer is that it'll be whatever the rulebook says, so we are going to be waiting another month ir two for a definitive answer.

Correct answer is in the lawyers office.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, proud panther said:

Correct answer is in the lawyers office.

Is that the one that takes 2.5% or the one that takes 25% commission?