British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And some contracts (maybe all?), contain a clause that any injuries sustained in other leagues will result in no payments and/or return of monies paid up front...

Was it Nicki P that published his with that clause in it a couple of years ago?  

Exactly...The polish League's  dont like there riders riding over here ....more chance of injuries  ...

24 minutes ago, Crumpet111 said:

I never got to see John ride, but from what i see from the comments on twitter he was a real superstar of his day.

He was. Rode in four world finals finishing as bronze medallist in 1975 (4th 5th and 6th in the other three). World best Pairs Champion 1976, three times World Cup Winner (72, 74, 75) British Champion 1975 plus many more titles. I recommend his book 'A Life in Speedway.'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Louis-Life-Speedway/dp/0992742706

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tocha said:

He was. Rode in four world finals finishing as bronze medallist in 1975 (4th 5th and 6th in the other three). World best Pairs Champion 1976, three times World Cup Winner (72, 74, 75) British Champion 1975 plus many more titles. I recommend his book 'A Life in Speedway.'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Louis-Life-Speedway/dp/0992742706

He was an exceptional speedway rider, one of the very best and very capable of coming from the back if he didn’t make the gate.

• Like 3

Came in to the sport very late, makes you wonder what he’d have achieved if he’d have started in his teens/early 20’s rather than late 20’s. One of the real good guys of the sport as well, never heard a bad word said about him from anyone. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Dudek 1million percent not riding in English leagues 

Monster decision!!?;):rolleyes:

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

And some contracts (maybe all?), contain a clause that any injuries sustained in other leagues will result in no payments and/or return of monies paid up front...

Was it Nicki P that published his with that clause in it a couple of years ago?  

I'm sure it would depend on the rider, I'm sure if Zmarzlik said to Lublin he wouldn't sign a contract saying he'd have to pay a fine if he got injured & missed matches, they'd change it sharpish!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Flappy said:

Dudek 1million percent not riding in English leagues 

Never thought he was as i don't buy into all these rumours.

23 hours ago, Crumpet111 said:

I never got to see John ride, but from what i see from the comments on twitter he was a real superstar of his day.

One of my favourite riders was Tiger.

On 1/29/2023 at 4:47 PM, Crumpet111 said:

First Brit to stand on the Individual World Final rostrum (1975) since Peter Craven (1962).

Join "Speedway Friends" on Facebook - that's the ideal place to post photos and chat about the past :)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

First Brit to stand on the Individual World Final rostrum (1975) since Peter Craven (1962).

Join "Speedway Friends" on Facebook - that's the ideal place to post photos and chat about the past :)

This forum is also the ideal place to chat about the past in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Seeing that JL is Mr Ipswich speedway, seems an ideal place to post tbh, rather than Peterborough fans posting about Russians and Poles is all we're getting at mo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

This forum is also the ideal place to chat about the past in my opinion. 

Totally agree. You can shove your facebooks where the sun don’t shine, not interested so I’m more than happy for people to post their photos etc on here. 

• Like 2