British Speedway Forum

On 3/3/2023 at 7:33 PM, Daniel Smith said:

GP / International rider's crash in to the fence at King's Lynn, it also has an unmovable armco barrier, held SWC meetings, what's your point? 

When did Kings Lynn replace their solid wooden fence with Armco?

29 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

When did Kings Lynn replace their solid wooden fence with Armco?

About 15yrs ago

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

About 15yrs agoThanks, I thought it was quite a long time back, so looks like it’s not Armco behind air fences that’s the issue, more on how the air fences are anchored. 

On 3/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, Flappy said:

Massive shame for the lad and of course Ipswich. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

I can imagine Drew 'Kevin & Perry' it can't be just me that thinks with that hair style he looks like Kevin Kemp will replace him. 

I hope it's not Drew Kemp don't fancy watching him backing the 3 riders Infront of him.. there's a reason he didn't get a team this year.

It could be the wake up call that Drew needs to reignite his path to progress

Initially being left out everywhere mustve been a bit of a shock

Certainly not a shoe in that it will be him anyway 

• Like 1

Having been told on how Jack's crash happened - it was an accident that would've happened on any other track in the country.

As for Scunthorpe's fencing needing SCB inspections - we obviously have replaced our fence, which has already been SCB and FIM approved, while we will also have foam fences (similar to Berwick and Kings Lynn) coming in time for the season, in an attempt to make the track feel safer to ride on. 

It goes without saying though, I send my best wishes to Jack for a speedy and well recovery

• Like 4

On 3/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, Flappy said:

Massive shame for the lad and of course Ipswich. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

I can imagine Drew 'Kevin & Perry' it can't be just me that thinks with that hair style he looks like Kevin Kemp will replace him. 

Hes had a haircut and ditched the bucket hat!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BenS1991 said:

I hope it's not Drew Kemp don't fancy watching him backing the 3 riders Infront of him.. there's a reason he didn't get a team this year.

Because he put near 2 points on his Champ average!

Everything has been very quiet on the Rew front

Any reports on a track return as yet?

I'd personally go for Kemp, if you compare his average as a number 6 3.15 (3.65) to Flint who rode as a RS 3.54 (4.25) it shows he's not far behind the man most agree should be the strongest "RS". He may also feel he has something to prove after being overlooked for a team spot in both leagues.

There's no real risk with a rising star though, if you get your first pick wrong, just try another! It's never going to be a case of the averages not fitting!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Everything has been very quiet on the Rew front

Any reports on a track return as yet?

Hawkins said on Thursday night on radio Suffolk he should be on a bike this week in Aussie before he’s over and then has plenty of practice in Poland before season plus they’ve got 2 or 3 planned practise days at Foxhall before the first meeting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With only 17 days before the season kicks off at Foxhall, i'm really hoping we see a dramatic improvement in the weather...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenS1991 said:

Unfortunately it looks like it will be Kemp after telling Louis " all he wants to do is do it"

I hope so, personally..

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

With only 17 days before the season kicks off at Foxhall, i'm really hoping we see a dramatic improvement in the weather...

Typical isn’t it. Been one of the driest winters on record here and with the season now in sight, here it all comes!