British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Aries said:

Just get on the blower and offer your own asset (Kemp) the rising star spot. I don’t buy the theory that he wouldn’t be interested one bit. Who cares if he’s not a “team player” of gets down on himself, so what? Big deal. He’ll score valuable points down there no doubt about it. 

I'm sure i read it on the Scunthorpe thread that they'd tried to get Kemp to sign for them but he wasn't interested and is gonna give the UK a miss this season and concentrate on his Polish racing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I'm sure i read it on the Scunthorpe thread that they'd tried to get Kemp to sign for them but he wasn't interested and is gonna give the UK a miss this season and concentrate on his Polish racing.

It's no wonder he's giving uk racing a miss having been offered and agreed a Prem place but then had it withdrawn!! (Rumour)!

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's no wonder he's giving uk racing a miss having been offered and agreed a Prem place but then had it withdrawn!! (Rumour)!

Also i very much doubt the RS point money is anywhere near what Kemp can earn riding in Liga 2 or U24 league in Poland.

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well they might have to if they want to win something it’s as simple as that. They’ve been unlucky in the sense that Thomas would have been one of the better rising stars and it was a big blow to lose him, but the choice after that was a strange one. I get that they were reluctant to use a couple of obvious choices and wanted to move away from those and go down a different path, but doing that could end up costing us. Three or four points here and there instead of zero’s and one’s makes a difference. We know we’re one of the weaker side down at reserve because of the way they chose to build this year, but picking one of if not THE weakest rising stars has compounded the issue. 

So if they have to why wouldn't they have already,,,, as its pretty clear at this moment of his career,, he is ready for this standard yet. And it was pretty obvious immediately,,,because no moves have so far been made,,, I think they may stick with him. 

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

But maybe he shouldn't cut his nose off yo spite his face. Life is about setbacks, it happens. If he's being stubborn and immature about it that's a great pity.

5 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Also i very much doubt the RS point money is anywhere near what Kemp can earn riding in Liga 2 or U24 league in Poland.

Why not both?

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But maybe he shouldn't cut his nose off yo spite his face. Life is about setbacks, it happens. If he's being stubborn and immature about it that's a great pity.

Why not both?

I've not seen Kemps name mentioned in any U24 teams in the last round of fixtures so didn't think he had a place, Liga 2 yeah.

• Like 1

Kemp isn't in the U24 league in Poland. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Why not both?

Totally agree with @Bagpuss I mean when Edinburgh thought they had Richie Worrall last year, but he left to go to Leicester, Edinburgh didn't get the hump & say we're not racing, so why would a rider (if that's what happened)?

On 5/22/2023 at 9:03 PM, 2ndbend said:

How much longer are the Witches going be a 6 man team! We won't win anything with the worst RS in the league, surely there must be a better option ???

I can see 4 or 5 options that are scoring more in the NDL / Championship

Who’s missing for the Witches next week then? I’m guessing probably Rew? He has a championships meeting on the Friday, maybe there’s practice he’s needed for on the Thursday?

On 5/23/2023 at 7:49 AM, Skidder1 said:

Just see on the Scunthorpe thread that Kemp has agreed to sign for them, haps he's worth a call if he's back doing regular UK meetings 

• Like 1

Just seen he's only signed a 28 day contract as he's gotta 5 wk break from his Polish league racing, but says he's open to staying longer.