British Speedway Forum

Maybe if he is taken out of his races through injury he can claim through medical insurance.... that's the only reason I can see for his honesty 

3 hours ago, GregoryM said:

I suppose it is still the situation, but Poland doesn't award bonus points in '3 rider 3 alls' and '2 rider 5-0s'.

Certainly that seems to motivate riders to finish a race, rather than simply pull-up and retire from the race when well at the back.

That comment makes no sense.  Where is the incentive in wasting fuel and wear and tear on an engine just so a member of the opposition can get paid an extra point?

Quite the opposite, the incentive would be to pull up and stop the opposition from earning more money.

Well atleast the truth is out about the Thompson twins,,,, they decided to change between themselves,,, 

Being brothers they must have Love on Your Side 

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well atleast the truth is out about the Thompson twins,,,, they decided to change between themselves,,, 

FFS....:D

5 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Indeed!!

I suppose it is still the situation, but Poland doesn't award bonus points in '3 rider 3 alls' and '2 rider 5-0s'.

Certainly that seems to motivate riders to finish a race, rather than simply pull-up and retire from the race when well at the back.

I remember talking to a rider on one particular visit to Poland a few years ago, he remarked 'They wouldn't dare not to finish otherwise they'd be robbing a fellow professional of income.' 

One thing Ive seen on a pretty regular basis over the last 4 or 5 seasons is a rider stop racing due to EF etc and coasting around the whiteline instead of immediately leaving the track.

IMO those riders should be fined as they're a potential cause of an accident.

Edited by Triple.H.
Typing too fast for my brain to keep up

King is costing us so much yet nothing will ever get done about it 

Barker has been awful 

The engine room of the side (2,3 and 4) have to get 16 between the 3 of them minimum and they simply aren’t good enough 

We are booked for 5th

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

King is costing us so much yet nothing will ever get done about it 

Barker has been awful 

The engine room of the side (2,3 and 4) have to get 16 between the 3 of them minimum and they simply aren’t good enough 

We are booked for 5th

Rew is the real problem but Ipswich fans are too blind to see it. 

5.00 point assessed average is Rew and he's getting nowhere near it.

Oh well,,, maybe next year,,,,,, now where ave I heard or read that before. 

Anyway,,,, it's goodnight from me and its goodnight from them

6 hours ago, wtf said:

personally I find Erik's description of his symptoms and situation very disturbing. He's confessing to racing with blurred vision!  Then thinking about whether to do it again. At what point, should he have to pass some sort of fitness test, before riding again. Not sure I'd want to be one of the other three lining up along side him when he admits his vision is blurred!

Has he edited it, can't see where it says blurred vision anymore?! 

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Has he edited it, can't see where it says blurred vision anymore?! 

Yeah I think he's edited it, it definitely said had blurred vision twice when I first read it.

Someone should have told him you need to edit the German section as well, translation software is very handy. No sneaking anything past you Lisa :t:

Edited by wtf

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Yeah I think he's edited it, it definitely said had blurred vision twice when I first read it.

Someone should have told him you need to edit the German section as well, translation software is very handy. No sneaking anything past you Lisa :t:

Just did it on the off chance, so I have proof as I did mention it on twitter. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mikebv said:

FFS....:D

22 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Dan Thompson a quality signing and all round nice guy of the sport . World champion to be . 

Would danyon's 25% reduction and Danny's 5% still be taken into account if we were to get some new riders in?