British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Redcar v Poole 7th Oct 2022. K O Cup Final First Leg

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No meeting at Poole tonight because we want the second leg of the KO Cup. Have to try and win something this year in front of the fans. 

Following week is Leicester on the Friday, away in the Saturday, then the Jubilee Final to end the season.  COULD IT JUST BE Leicester home and away again? 

Glasgow failing to ride at Plymouth and failing to ride the final of the JC at home is pretty poor to be honest.

They “failed to ride” at Plymouth because it was rained off? And does anyone actually know anything about the Jubilee Cup, or is everyone just pointing fingers? I don’t see why Glasgow wouldn’t want to win a trophy. I thought the Facennas were desperate to buy anything at all costs? That’s the usual insinuation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Fair enough, was referring to the weather this evening. You had much today? 

Been done to death but we shouldn't be crowding finals into October.

Prob not enough to rain a meeting off tbf! 

Why change a habit of a lifetime ;):o

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Fair enough, was referring to the weather this evening. You had much today? 

Been done to death but we shouldn't be crowding finals into October.

Won't see the CL Final 1st leg on BSN with the Silver Helmet being on 21st. :(

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Apart from the fact this is the KO Cup final thread, your post makes little sense!

I wonder if Redcar wanted the second leg too and if they did what decided it? Maybe a coin toss :)

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I wonder if Redcar wanted the second leg too and if they did what decided it? Maybe a coin toss :)

The Cup Holders get the preference.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

They might have done it on 19th if it wasn't for football, Bournemouth Vs Southampton. 

why wd we want the second leg when we'd be 30 or more points behind. Best just get a single figure win at home and pretend the 2nd leg isn't happening

• Like 4

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They might have done it on 19th if it wasn't for football, Bournemouth Vs Southampton. 

Which of the Poole riders double up for Bournemouth ? Or is Middleditch a closet football hooligan ?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Which of the Poole riders double up for Bournemouth ? Or is Middleditch a closet football hooligan ?

Lots of Poole fans either support Bournemouth or Southampton. I did say it was football so unsure why you are trying to link it to speedway lol.

Anyway ride against it, crowd will be at least a third down. Would be a ridiculous business decision. 

Anyway Kyle Howarth has said he likes that is on a Friday then the return on the Saturday.:t:

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lots of Poole fans either support Bournemouth or Southampton. I did say it was football so unsure why you are trying to link it to speedway lol.

Anyway ride against it, crowd will be at least a third down. Would be a ridiculous business decision. 

Anyway Kyle Howarth has said he likes that is on a Friday then the return on the Saturday.:t:

lot of the security work at the vitality stadium as well . so many reasons not the 19th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Hammering it down in Stockton at the moment...:unsure:

Bear in water2.gif

And in Billingham.

Rain supposed to stop after lunch but I don’t think there will be much dust tonight, if it’s on.

Cold too. The Aussies won’t like it. Hopefully….

Rain should clear in the next hour to leave a dry afternoon.