British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v MILDENHALL (Play-off, 1st leg) SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8th

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I suppose in Berwick's defence it wasn't like they had an obvious non-scoring reserve to replace. Weakest rider throughout the year as been on a 4.00 ave (ish). Probably also don't want to give Harrison enough matches to get an average!

As a family we chose not to let Luke get an average and certainly wouldn't of been swayed by any club dictating about the volume of meetings he would or wouldn't compete in . Our decisions are based on his development 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

As a family we chose not to let Luke get an average and certainly wouldn't of been swayed by any club dictating about the volume of meetings he would or wouldn't compete in . Our decisions are based on his development 

17 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

The decisions you have made so far in his career have been good.

Keep it up.

Remember some of the best races on a night were with Luke and Sam on their 125's. Great to see the two of them making great progress along with Ace.

Shame I was at a wedding on Saturday night as I seem to have missed an entertaining meeting.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I respect that decision. But this is where the rules allow lunacy when he’s effectively been stopped from riding over the late summer but can then come in to win someone a league or cup title!

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

I respect that decision. But this is where the rules allow lunacy when he’s effectively been stopped from riding over the late summer but can then come in to win someone a league or cup title!

I get what ur saying but he isn't going to stop Leicester winning the league 

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

He wasn't stopped from riding at all he has been competing on the 250cc all summer in Europe and doing mdsl and Pjl on the 500. Only decision made was not to allow him to ride at NDL level until the European stuff was out of the way. He had one none riding appearance at no8 for Bellevue and turned down several other offers of guest or no8 bookings due to being to close to his other commitments. Also please remember he and a couple of others are replacing injured riders not taking someone else's spot.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

He wasn't stopped from riding at all he has been competing on the 250cc all summer in Europe and doing mdsl and Pjl on the 500. Only decision made was not to allow him to ride at NDL level until the European stuff was out of the way. He had one none riding appearance at no8 for Bellevue and turned down several other offers of guest or no8 bookings due to being to close to his other commitments. Also please remember he and a couple of others are replacing injured riders not taking someone else's spot.

I am nearly referring to the NL only. He was effectively stopped from rising by getting an average after 4 meetings. 

On 10/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Keep up the good work he is progressing nicely.Very entertaining at Berwick anytime I have seen him,wish him well in his career.

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Keep up the good work he is progressing nicely.Very entertaining at Berwick anytime I have seen him,wish him well in his career.

Thanks for that he loves the place . we are trying hard to guide him in the right direction 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

I dont know Luke or family but seems they have their heads screwed on. I really enjoyed watching him at Berwick not only last Saturday but in his development through the Berwick Academy as a wee lad.  I would love to see how he progresses next season in NDL and would love that to be at Berwick but am sure family will make right call for him with his input too.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Spittaler said:

I dont know Luke or family but seems they have their heads screwed on. I really enjoyed watching him at Berwick not only last Saturday but in his development through the Berwick Academy as a wee lad.  I would love to see how he progresses next season in NDL and would love that to be at Berwick but am sure family will make right call for him with his input too.

Berwick have done a lot of good work putting in a pathway from Duns to NJL to National League to Championship then hopefully onwards for riders. It's slowly starting to bear fruit now. They deserve a lot of credit for it.

• Like 8

What is it with the BSN camera person at Berwick? Have they been on the Bandit juice? Terrible work!

On 10/14/2022 at 12:13 PM, topsoil said:

Berwick have done a lot of good work putting in a pathway from Duns to NJL to National League to Championship then hopefully onwards for riders. It's slowly starting to bear fruit now. They deserve a lot of credit for it.

They've certainly done a lot of work to strengthen Workington's NL side & Glasgow's Championship side!

There's no guarantee a rider coming up from a clubs junior team / academy will stay with the club, but it's certainly good for British Speedway as a whole.

Needs to be cost effective though, otherwise just so what Glasgow / Poole do & look for the best 2.00 riders around!