British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He could be back from his Honeymoon before the 2nd leg.!!!

What about his middle leg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

The pay offs need reducing, drastically. Top of the league goes through to the final, 2nd & 3rd into a semi, winners to the final. It's been ridiculous this season how long Leicester have had to wait for Poole to get their arses into gear

Thats spot on. Same in the Prem 1st through, 2nd and 3rd battle for a final place

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have been sent a picture taken today of the Leicester track. You would struggle to believe just how bad it is. An utter quagmire. 

The only solution if they have any chance is to blade everything off and sprinkle down a bit of dirt on the base. How it has got like this is beyond comprehension.

Presumably you're going to share this picture with us?

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Get over it,dry day,wet track it happens. 

Good one. Says the person who still goes on about Lawson and PT! 

12 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Presumably you're going to share this picture with us?

Leicester prob do that when it gets called off again! 

I can’t share the photo as I was told when receiving it not to post it. Sorry I would if I could. 

the whole of the back straight is in the photo taken from the pits gate looking towards the third bend, with a back of a tractor in the forground. The grader is plastered in very wet slosh, and it is the same the whole way down the back straight. You would need a pair of wellies to shuffle through it. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I can’t share the photo as I was told when receiving it not to post it. Sorry I would if I could. 

the whole of the back straight is in the photo taken from the pits gate looking towards the third bend, with a back of a tractor in the forground. The grader is plastered in very wet slosh, and it is the same the whole way down the back straight. You would need a pair of wellies to shuffle through it. 

Did the tractor sill oil on the track lol

It's not looking good for tomorrow. It's been raining four miles from the track this morning. According to the Met Office It's going to be sunny this afternoon but there's an 80% chance of heavy rain for at least 4 hours after about 8 am tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

It's not looking good for tomorrow. It's been raining four miles from the track this morning. According to the Met Office It's going to be sunny this afternoon but there's an 80% chance of heavy rain for at least 4 hours after about 8 am tomorrow. 

I'm a mile from the track... currently raining

Latest is the track staff are blading all the slop off the track today to take it right back. But rain is now due tomorrow morning. An early call off would be appreciated for the hundreds of travelling fans making the long journey up.

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shovlar speak...for-:

I've got some more mucky photos but i've got in to bother with plod before for sharing mucky photos

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Then it would have said 'due to waterlogged track'. Also on the day of the meeting it was also said by others that it was a dry day. 

Do you seriously think it's something other than water that's causing this issue?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Do you seriously think it's something other than water that's causing this issue?

Water the initial cause but perhaps if I the track had just been left alone rather than churning it up the damage might not have been so bad? 

So on BSN last night they were advertising the Premier Pairs meeting which is due to take place here on Monday night. Shouldn’t the Championship Final take precedence? If tomorrow is cancelled, then Monday should be the rerun date with the PP being put back a few days.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Water the initial cause but perhaps if I the track had just been left alone rather than churning it up the damage might not have been so bad? 

So on BSN last night they were advertising the Premier Pairs meeting which is due to take place here on Monday night. Shouldn’t the Championship Final take precedence? If tomorrow is cancelled, then Monday should be the rerun date with the PP being put back a few days.

Perhaps, but water WAS the initial cause. No water, no problem.