British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

Please excuse me if this has already been chewed over, but....

Weds 12th Poole v Redcar, KO cup final

Sat 15th Leicester Cubs v Mildenhall KO cup final.

Presumably Leicester and Poole already confirmed as playoff finalists by then.

So why wasn't the final run on those dates??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Yes mentioned this many pages ago, was the bleedin' obvious thing to do but not in speedway!

Ps. It's raining again!

Edited by iainb

50 minutes ago, lewy said:

Says the track curator extraordinaire. Stick to selling dodgy paintings and playing on your phone you know zilch about track prep.:nono:

Well seeing as my info came from one of the Leicester trackman who actually posted this info on here, perhaps you should catch up with the thread. That’s exactly what they intend to do.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Spot on and that’s what should have happened.

I guess the cynics amongst us might think Leicester were ok with 15 October for the home (and second) leg but Poole tried to outflank them by scheduling a Redcar KOC final for 12 October and thus a possibility of the second leg on 19/21 October for them so Leicester countered by going for 22 October. Maybe I’m just too cynical though!

4 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Spot on and that’s what should have happened.

I guess the cynics amongst us might think Leicester were ok with 15 October for the home (and second) leg but Poole tried to outflank them by scheduling a Redcar KOC final for 12 October and thus a possibility of the second leg on 19/21 October for them so Leicester countered by going for 22 October. Maybe I’m just too cynical though!

I think that is probably right, that jockeying for the second leg at home has resulted in this farce. If so, how was this allowed to happen? Was no control being exercised by the sport's directors?

14 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I think that is probably right, that jockeying for the second leg at home has resulted in this farce. If so, how was this allowed to happen? Was no control being exercised by the sport's directors?

Just like last year! And probably next year if Poole are involved :D

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

That is the main problem no control over the sport Promoters left to their own devices, which results in the same fixture shambles every season.Nothing changes though .

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That is the main problem no control over the sport Promoters left to their own devices, which results in the same fixture shambles every season.Nothing changes though .

That's why I put up the idea of having a 5-team mini-league starting in August with fixtures being set from the beginning. This would effectively be playoffs, with each club guaranteed 4 such home fixtures and no playing games in the quest for having the second leg at home which seems to have become the root cause of the current arrangements having become so dysfunctional that a complete farce is the outcome.

Just a thought what's the plan if Friday is rained off again??

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well they have let Ipswich have the pairs and not rearranging it, so set a precedent now ;) ...

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Tar over the track.

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No chance. Huge rolls of blotting paper being put down early morning to pre-absorb moisture that would otherwise rise up from the base into the new material. New material to consist mostly of recycled shredded moisture-wicking clothing. The track will need watering, if anything. 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well seeing as my info came from one of the Leicester trackman who actually posted this info on here, perhaps you should catch up with the thread. That’s exactly what they intend to do.

If it's already been posted what is the point in repeating it other than trying to give the impression you know what you're talking about when most of us know you don't. 

5 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I asked this question & was told These were the original dates intended by both clubs but the BSPA & Eurosport both didn’t want the Championship play off final to run in the same week as the Premiership play off final so the follow week was agreed with both clubs . 

39 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I asked this question & was told These were the original dates intended by both clubs but the BSPA & Eurosport both didn’t want the Championship play off final to run in the same week as the Premiership play off final so the follow week was agreed with both clubs . 

They really only have themselves to blame then... Did the BSPA & Eurosport also not want the Jubilee Trophy final to be held on these dates also I wonder?