British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

5 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Sadly this news is no surprise, especially judging by the change in condition of the ground (I've been digging only a mile from Beaumont Park) since last week and actually since Monday, and with a shedload of rain forecast in the next 24 hours. Friday would probably have been much too dangerous to attempt a match - riders either unable to turn the bike or on a skating rink with no grip. Can't recall exact circumstances but I remember the second leg of an NL final Cradley v Mildenhall was staged at KL several years ago after one of those clubs was unable to run it. I think the focus needs to be on why this final wasn't staged on 12 & 15 October.

The focus needs to be who is actually running the Sport.

• Like 1

Just now, Biffa said:

Now it’s moved to a “Neutral” track why can’t it be run as a 1 leg shoot out? Rules can be changed easily by the looks of it. 

Fully agree. Needs to be run as a 1 off final on the fairness of sport, home track advantage is a big thing in speedway. 

• Like 5

Just now, Gasser90 said:

Fully agree. Needs to be run as a 1 off final on the fairness of sport, home track advantage is a big thing in speedway. 

In fairness they should just concede the tie to Poole.They managed their bit.As for home track advantage most of the riders have ridden at all the the tracks in GB this season with the guesting and doubling up .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

imo this has nothing to do with what the weather has been doing for the last 2 weeks... but what have the BSPL been doing since the 24th of July!

I get what you're saying but we are where we are and at least a decision has now been made re change of track. Serious discussions/proposals/changes now need to be made so situations like this cannot happen again. Here's hoping ......

Sadly for the Premier League we have been lumbered with one of the worst tracks in speedway, if Leicester come up next year.

How anyone could with a blank canvass create such a poorly designed track is beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

In fairness they should just concede the tie to Poole.They managed their bit.As for home track advantage most of the riders have ridden at all the the tracks in GB this season with the guesting and doubling up .

We managed to get the meeting on in the face of very adverse weather.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

just need to find a volunteer to switch the light off on the way out and let this sport die as it deserves

the current people responsible for this sport should be laying foundations for future generations to enjoy it, joke

To be fair...

No one could have predicted such unusually wet inclement weather in late October and early November....

I am 55 and can never remember those months being anything other than dry, sunny and warm...

Perfect in other words to run finals of a summer sport...

I am only amazed that you dont see more advertising of UK seaside resorts, and see more ice cream men on the streets during these months...

They don't have a crystal ball do they...?

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BV66 said:

Sadly for the Premier League we have been lumbered with one of the worst tracks in speedway, if Leicester come up next year.

How anyone could with a blank canvass create such a poorly designed track is beyond comprehension.

They are coming up.! Cycle Speedway ace designed track .(I believe) Ask Sudden Sam (Ermalenko)what he thinks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The focus needs to be who is actually running the Sport.

With what's been happening in the last few weeks, looks likes NOBODY is running the sport !!! 

If nothing is done to stop this happening again ( same said most years by the way ) we won't have a sport in the future!!! 

I'm from Workington and a great  new track is waiting to open, but I bet the people behind the venture are thinking what the hell is happening to speedway !!

9 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I get what you're saying but we are where we are and at least a decision has now been made re change of track. Serious discussions/proposals/changes now need to be made so situations like this cannot happen again. Here's hoping ......

Has that been bumped from any season's thread from when this forum started? ..:D

• Sad 1

Just give Poole the bloody trophy. What's the point? Disgraceful set of affairs.