British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

Sports a ******* joke right now....yes I know you get the usual 'just be thankful there is speedway' brigade piping up but for the love of God the ending to this season?!.....unbelievable. How can anyone explain the point of a season where two sides qualify , and let's be honest by far the best sides, in a league where you ride home and away and then same in a semi only for the Title to be decided on one home track and one neutral? Wtaf....added to that the fiasco of Mildenhalls line up, LambertGate, running a 6th round of an event before the 5th round which was moved to a track with no relevance to it only to be shelved anyway....oh and a league missing the cut off completion date (PL) and having to finish it AFTER its playoffs ....pathetic....would had followed tonights meeting on updates as it was well poised but not now, yes Leicester may win although probably not but whatever the overall result it's an absolute sham and makes a mockery of the whole season.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Moving to Kings Lynn gives them a better chance of winning the title. The downside is loss of revenue so I think they would rather have a big crowd and defeat than winning it in front of 4-500.

Intrigued to know your reasoning for this?? 

4 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Sports a ******* joke right now....yes I know you get the usual 'just be thankful there is speedway' brigade piping up but for the love of God the ending to this season?!.....unbelievable. How can anyone explain the point of a season where two sides qualify , and let's be honest by far the best sides, in a league where you ride home and away and then same in a semi only for the Title to be decided on one home track and one neutral? Wtaf....added to that the fiasco of Mildenhalls line up, LambertGate, running a 6th round of an event before the 5th round which was moved to a track with no relevance to it only to be shelved anyway....oh and a league missing the cut off completion date (PL) and having to finish it AFTER its playoffs ....pathetic....would had followed tonights meeting on updates as it was well poised but not now, yes Leicester may win although probably not but whatever the overall result it's an absolute sham and makes a mockery of the whole season.

Don't forget the British Final, Jubilee Trophy & Prem Pairs rules debacles

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm not so sure. Still think it is 50/50. Depends who does better out of Cook's and Thompson twins.

I think your being kind to Poole there. From scratch i thinks it's 50/50. Looking at both teams 1 to 7  Lawson at 5 is much stronger than Howarth. Poole should have the edge in 13 and 15.  It's hard to call being at the AFA, but i'll stick my neck out and hope it don't come back to bite me on the arse. Poole to edge it on the night for a 10-12 point  win on aggregate.

Hope the racing is good for those who are attending and watching on BSN, and the riders stay safe.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

You have put your clocks back haven't you? :D

Yes lol. Although sometimes it takes me a few months to do the manual ones! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think your being kind to Poole there. From scratch i thinks it's 50/50. Looking at both teams 1 to 7  Lawson at 5 is much stronger than Howarth. Poole should have the edge in 13 and 15.  It's hard to call being at the AFA, but i'll stick my neck out and hope it don't come back to bite me on the arse. Poole to edge it on the night for a 10-12 point  win on aggregate.

Hope the racing is good for those who are attending and watching on BSN, and the riders stay safe.

I'm going tonight despite having only been to a few Lynn meetings this year and as well as all fourteen riders being there with no R/R or guests the fact its 50/50 is a massive draw for me. Its gonna be cold so hopefully the racing will be good and the result goes to the 30th heat!

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm going tonight despite having only been to a few Lynn meetings this year and as well as all fourteen riders being there with no R/R or guests the fact its 50/50 is a massive draw for me. Its gonna be cold so hopefully the racing will be good and the result goes to the 30th heat!

Not sure my heart can cope with a last heat decider. But okay :t:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

30 heats , your braver than me Baggy. Hope it's a good night :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

30 heats, your braver than me Baggy. Hope it's a good night :t:

30th heat of the tie, not sure I'll be hanging around for too many races of the second meeting!

Edited by Bagpuss

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

30th heat of the tie, not sure I'll be hanging around for too many races of the second meeting!

I realised after i had posted :oops:

It’s a shame as I assume whatever team win won’t have much time to go round and celebrate with there fans as they have to get a 2nd meeting on. If Poole win fair play if Leicester win fair play I hope it’s a fitting meeting to end the season on and it’s not to cold for everyone I reckon the tea and coffee stands will make a fortune tonight and that’s the only prediction you will get out of me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Don't forget the British Final, Jubilee Trophy & Prem Pairs rules debacles

... And the Ed Kennett situation, the team Birmingham sent to Poole and the closure of Newcastle

• Like 1

Judging by the comments in the SS this week by the promoters we can only hope that changes will be made to the fixtures next year to try and stop a repeat of this season's problems...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Intrigued to know your reasoning for this?? 

Because three of the Poole team have never ridden KL. Poole go well at Leicester. Plus Leicester have a big practice session this afternoon. 

Just pulled in for a coffee north of Ely. Been s clear run and taken about 4 hours 45 mins. So many speed cams about it will take the same to get home. Lovely weather though. Think it will be cold tonight got my woolley hat.