British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hammering down in Poole as I type this.

Is the rain wet or dry

So if it’s rained off Friday, that looks likely, Saturday goes ahead at Leicester. It’s a wise move as three full coaches and at least the same again in cars will boost the attendance no end. Put the second leg back to a mid week date and probably only one coach, meaning a couple of hundred less fans coming up from Dorset. £4,000 in lost revenue.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So if it’s rained off Friday, that looks likely, Saturday goes ahead at Leicester. It’s a wise move as three full coaches and at least the same again in cars will boost the attendance no end. Put the second leg back to a mid week date and probably only one coach, meaning a couple of hundred less fans coming up from Dorset. £4,000 in lost revenue.

How late do you think they will leave it before it is called off. You could say the forecast is bad enough to call it off now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

How late do you think they will leave it before it is called off. You could say the forecast is bad enough to call it off now.

If we call it off now were cheating, if we call if off near start time, know consideration for traveling fans, can't win 

• Like 1

I'd assume they will make a call on it tomorrow afternoon based on the forecast

Fair play to Leicester for potentially giving up the second leg at home, one wonders if the same would happen t'other way round.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Fair play to Leicester for potentially giving up the second leg at home, one wonders if the same would happen t'other way round.

looking at forecasts for Leicester and Poole all next week i'd hope they ride when they get a chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

If we call it off now were cheating, if we call if off near start time, know consideration for traveling fans, can't win 

Like Plymouth couldnt didnt stop you moaning over and over 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Is the rain wet or dry

Its that rain that doesnt get anything wet i think… 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I will go with yes seeing as we were supposed to have second leg in QF and SF but didn't end up having it cos of the weather. Plus Bates has seen that having the second leg didn't help Sheffield much. Sometimes better to be in front after first leg. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes we did in the semi final against Glasgow 

Just now, Arthur54 said:

Yes we did in the semi final against Glasgow 

No trophies dished out in the semi.

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No trophies dished out in the semi.

Unfortunately at this time of year the weather plays a big part in these decisions. You have to ride when the weather allows.I can't see any team cancelling just to make sure they get the second leg.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hammering down in Poole as I type this.

Just the way Poole like it then? :drink: