British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

28 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

From speaking to a few lions fans last night there some optimism that we can attract some big names. Robert Lambert was mentioned a few times. Although I'd expect him to be off to belle Vue. Everyone wants mountain back pretty much and most would like Richie Worrall. It's a mystery really. And..also nobody think Harris should be there . We love him but has never got on with the track one bit.

Might get a bit awkward then! ;) I would be surprised if Rob Lambert does a full season. 

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

From speaking to a few lions fans last night there some optimism that we can attract some big names. Robert Lambert was mentioned a few times. Although I'd expect him to be off to belle Vue. Everyone wants mountain back pretty much and most would like Richie Worrall. It's a mystery really. And..also nobody think Harris should be there . We love him but has never got on with the track one bit.

I found quite a degree of scepticism about the wisdom of the move up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I found quite a degree of scepticism about the wisdom of the move up.

Well that was another side to the story. Myself and a few others were ranting and raving to be fair at Alan Jones and a few other people. The few that were approached did take the concerns on board but all said the same thing.. the bates were hard to work for and made the decision without consulting the fans or anyone 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Well that was another side to the story. Myself and a few others were ranting and raving to be fair at Alan Jones and a few other people. The few that were approached did take the concerns on board but all said the same thing.. the bates were hard to work for and made the decision without consulting the fans or anyone 

Complete opposite to what Poole did when moving leagues then! Tbf to Bates during last winter when AGM was done and dusted on the podcast, he did say he wanted 8 in Prem in 2023 and 10 in 2024. Now he prob thought one of the 8 would be Swindon, so just needed one other. But with that not possible, I guess he decided to move his other club up and hope Glasgow follow? Although if Edinburgh are allowed another season at Armadale whilst looking for something permanent, I can't see them following. 

52 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Actually if Leicester stayed in Champ and limit went down to 38. I think that is the lowest rumoured points limit atm, then Leicester would have to get rid of 7 points! Maybe that might be more of a reason to go up? 

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Complete opposite to what Poole did when moving leagues then!

You mean relegated? :lol:

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

You mean relegated? :lol:

Haha. Just giving other teams a chance to win the Prem! :o;):P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Complete opposite to what Poole did when moving leagues then! Tbf to Bates during last winter when AGM was done and dusted on the podcast, he did say he wanted 8 in Prem in 2023 and 10 in 2024. Now he prob thought one of the 8 would be Swindon, so just needed one other. But with that not possible, I guess he decided to move his other club up and hope Glasgow follow? Although if Edinburgh are allowed another season at Armadale whilst looking for something permanent, I can't see them following. 

And in a recent  No Breaks No Fear Podcast, Bates stated that there would be more than likely  6 teams in the Premier League.

Could a team from Premier League be dropping down into the Championship.

Interesting that Leicester are moving up a club owned by Bates, could it be that Leicester are replacing Sheffield in the Premier League with Sheffield moving back down to the Championship.

8 minutes ago, spin king said:

And in a recent  No Breaks No Fear Podcast, Bates stated that there would be more than likely  6 teams in the Premier League.

Interesting that Leicester are moving up a club owned by Bates, could it be that Leicester are replacing Sheffield in the Premier League with Sheffield moving back down to the Championship.

If that happens then at least Howarth can stay with both clubs.

Lions to the slaughter then in 2023.  With so many riders doubling up , will be interesting to see who owns who and whether other Prem clubs will be left short handed with Leicester moving aside to the Premiership.  

As for race nights - Leicester as well running on the Thursday reserve rain off date for Poland should ensure a good number of R/R being needed throughout the season. 

Will they extend the season the end of November in 2023  ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spin king said:

Would you want that? Depends what race night Sheffield are happy with. Both his teams favourite for winning each league, so he obviously knows what he is doing! Be interesting if they did swap though. 

Can't see it myself.

The top flight desperately needs more teams even if it is just one.

Tigers will stay Premier to run on Thursday.  Steelers own Sundays in Sheffield.

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Can't see it myself.

The top flight desperately needs more teams even if it is just one.

Where will the 7 riders come from for Leicester 2023 premier team, there are not enough quality riders U.K. based, any rider tempted from Poland will equal big bucks in signing on fees, travel & points money. Is U.K. speedway run by sound business people or Dreamers?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Where will the 7 riders come from for Leicester 2023 premier team, there are not enough quality riders U.K. based, any rider tempted from Poland will equal big bucks in signing on fees, travel & points money. Is U.K. speedway run by sound business people or Dreamers?

Those riders who came over later in the season or started it and had to leave early may want a whole season. Can't see too many mga stars coming but those others probably will.