British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I find it mind blowing Leicester haven’t made a statement on this - all they have done is share the SCB news bulletin. One of your riders has just been banned for a serious offence and they’ve said nothing!!! It honestly frustrates me how bad some of these promotions are at communication and it’s not even my team.

The club are perhaps already looking at alternatives with a view to binning Morris. Dickson is not renowned for his patience and operating R/R for several matches would take its toll on the team. The difficulty of course is finding another rider. Batch was mentioned in a previous post and he is probably the best of what is available, unless a gamble is taken with an untried foreigner.

14 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I find it mind blowing Leicester haven’t made a statement on this - all they have done is share the SCB news bulletin. One of your riders has just been banned for a serious offence and they’ve said nothing!!! It honestly frustrates me how bad some of these promotions are at communication and it’s not even my team.

Pretty much par for the course for this sport

40 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

The club are perhaps already looking at alternatives with a view to binning Morris. Dickson is not renowned for his patience and operating R/R for several matches would take its toll on the team. The difficulty of course is finding another rider. Batch was mentioned in a previous post and he is probably the best of what is available, unless a gamble is taken with an untried foreigner.

Perhaps now is the time for Mr.Dickson to sweet talk Scott Nicholls into finally rejoining the Lions?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Your point is absolutely spot on. It is inconsistent where a team cant operate RR at the meeting where the offense occurred but can do so at their next match.
Maybe somebody can offer an explanation as to why this is the case? 

There's no logic to that ruling that I can think of!

20 hours ago, Najjer said:

What would you expect them to say? The issue occurred when Morris was riding for another promotion & the SCB statement covers all of the salient points including that the next step will be Morris attending a SCB hearing. Until the outcome of that hearing is known the only comments the Lions could make would be either judgmental or prejudicial to the case in question. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

What would you expect them to say? The issue occurred when Morris was riding for another promotion & the SCB statement covers all of the salient points including that the next step will be Morris attending a SCB hearing. Until the outcome of that hearing is known the only comments the Lions could make would be either judgmental or prejudicial to the case in question. 

I would expect them to say they are very concerned about the accusation and the ban handed out. They will now be speaking with the SCB to find out exactly what the ruling means and clarification on how long Nick Morris could likely be banned for and off the back of this they will then look at any decisions that need to be made with the team. They should absolutely want to distance themself from anybody not playing by the correct rules and criteria and will wait for the outcome of the SCB hearing but remain committed to fielding the best team possible on track at their next match and beyond…. That’s what I would expect and hope for, something along those lines - not silence.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Perhaps now is the time for Mr.Dickson to sweet talk Scott Nicholls into finally rejoining the Lions?

Scott contracted to his commentary work so not available for any fixtures that clash with the tv work

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I would expect them to say they are very concerned about the accusation and the ban handed out. They will now be speaking with the SCB to find out exactly what the ruling means and clarification on how long Nick Morris could likely be banned for and off the back of this they will then look at any decisions that need to be made with the team. They should absolutely want to distance themself from anybody not playing by the correct rules and criteria and will wait for the outcome of the SCB hearing but remain committed to fielding the best team possible on track at their next match and beyond…. That’s what I would expect and hope for, something along those lines - not silence.

You mean something like this?

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3330

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely no need to speak with SCB as the Lions already know it’s a 30 day ban and they can only use RR facility during that period unless they drop Morris from the team & replace him with another rider. 
Passing any opinion on the situation is not advisable and comments best kept to actions made in response to the current circumstance i.e they will run RR for the next meeting or they have signed another rider to replace Morris short term or permanently. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

There's no logic to that ruling that I can think of!

Furthermore the 'special' rule covering drug test enforced absence meant that despite the complete silence from Birmingham it looked pretty obvious that this was the cause of Morris' non-appearance.

22 hours ago, Najjer said:

Happy now?

• Like 1

Batch is a fine signing. Who else could we get? Atleast Dickson likes him and I'm sure like sedge he's got a point to prove. Lawson moves to 5 now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Batch is a fine signing. Who else could we get? 

Scott Nicholls?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Scott Nicholls?

He has another job on Monday's unfortunately.

• Like 1