British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, if he's still in the team then it needs to start on Thursday. No excuses.

I’m afraid another duck and he’s got to go.

A speedway rider from Kings Lynn

would often go out for a spin

when he came a cropper

it was good and proper

and now he’s packed it in.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, if he's still in the team then it needs to start on Thursday. No excuses.

Absolutely has to start Thursday. Watching him at Sheffield i'm not convinced he has the motivation though. He bottled it into the first turn and was well off of the pace at the back in the 2 races he finished. Jason Edwards looked faster. We will see Thursday i guess:t:

• Like 1

Think the club should contact Topinka to see if he can recommend a good czech rider.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

6+2 for KK in Poland today, that's all Lynn need him to do. 

Such an enigma. Wobbled round for a few rides before winning his last programmed ride from absolutely nowhere at a canter… before running stone last again in heat 14. 

He’s a very complicated rider/person, that’s for sure but there is still potential there to be half decent.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

Such an enigma. Wobbled round for a few rides before winning his last programmed ride from absolutely nowhere at a canter… before running stone last again in heat 14. 

He’s a very complicated rider/person, that’s for sure but there is still potential there to be half decent.

Sadly "half" decent is not good enough.

15 hours ago, Greg said:

or what about Cookie ? 

We signed Cook before. Ended in tears.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Sadly "half" decent is not good enough.

It would be with the way this team has been designed though. He's not being asked to hit double figures every week.

46 minutes ago, Bunce said:

We signed Cook before. Ended in tears.

Indeed, as did his stint at Sheffield last season. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 10:56 AM, rearingtogo said:

The premiership clubs with ex rider team managers tend to attract the cream. I think riders respect them more and the team managers know just how to get the best out of their riders. Lemon Bellevue,  Stead Sheffield & Ipswich Louis & Hawkins.

Peter Adams a notable exception to that rule - probably along with Middleditch, Rossiter and Boocock the most capable club team manager of the last 30 years. Don't think he was ever a rider. Rob Lyon and Stewart Dickson also not too shabby for non-riders

Everyone needs to start somewhere, perhaps best to give Aex Brady a bit longer than a season and a half.

5 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Peter Adams a notable exception to that rule - probably along with Middleditch, Rossiter and Boocock the most capable club team manager of the last 30 years. Don't think he was ever a rider. Rob Lyon and Stewart Dickson also not too shabby for non-riders

How dare you - that`s me done with this forum :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I thought Peter Adams rode for Stoke,please correct me if I'm wrong.

13 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Middleditch rossiter and boocock all were former riders as was Colin Pratt.

1 minute ago, Derrickn said:

I thought Peter Adams rode for Stoke,please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lol no never been a rider was Ole Olsens manager to start with.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Middleditch rossiter and boocock all were former riders as was Colin Pratt.

He never said they weren't...