British Speedway Forum

Whatever Alex does, it's a headache. You have Picko, it's his mate, but is it one of them injuries (Palm Toft)? that takes some figuring out. MPT isn't doing great, but probably home and away is better the TJ overall..

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Laguta 8.00

TJ 6.34 (Likely out) / Pickering 5.92 (Injury could force an eleventh hour re-think)

MPT 6.78

Jakobsen 6.76

Klindt 7.00

4.12 / 4.54 (Who would be available?)

Edwards (RS)

Connor Mountain?

Mountain fits perfectly when using rolling averages on the KL website.

Laguta 8.00

MPT 6.85

Klindt 6.64

Jakobsen 6.39

TJ 6.24 / Picko 5.92

Edwards (RS)

Leaves 4.88 or 5.20

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

Mountain fits perfectly when using rolling averages on the KL website.

Laguta 8.00

MPT 6.85

Klindt 6.64

Jakobsen 6.39

TJ 6.24 / Picko 5.92

Edwards (RS)

Leaves 4.88 or 5.20

I think depending on what Alex knows about Picko, it's up in the air. He is his mate though, and i think they will keep him and use RR and let TJ go, if it fits.

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think depending on what Alex knows about Picko, it's up in the air. He is his mate though, and i think they will keep him and use RR and let TJ go.

You should not have 'mates' in sport as an owner. If Pickering is struggling he has to go. This team doesn't have the capability to carry & wait for rider's to get fit or find form. The league is just to short for that.

There has to be a minimum of 3 changes, for me Kasprzak, Jorgensen & Pickering out. Laguta, R.Worrall (if released) & A.Nother. 

1. Laguta 8.00

2. Worrall 6.25

3. Klindt 6.64

4. Jakobsen 6.39

5. Palm-Toft 6.85

6. 4.87 roughly 

7. Edwards

I would do a major overhaul and get rid of klindt, jorgensen, toft and KK none of them have impressed me I would keep Pickering as when fit he is a heat leader. And if allowed swap edwards for Andres Rowe of allowed, as he use to fly around lynn when with Somerset 

Edited by lynnboy

1 hour ago, lynnboy said:

I would do a major overhaul and get rid of klindt, jorgensen, toft and KK none of them have impressed me I would keep Pickering as when fit he is a heat leader. And if allowed swap edwards for Andres Rowe of allowed, as he use to fly around lynn when with Somerset 

I would keep Pickering only if they know he will become fully fit.As for him being a heatleader,I think he is far from that at the moment as his 5pt something average suggests.

Rowe has stagnated imo,yes he had a couple of decent meetings at Lynn a while ago now,but hasn't got going like several thought he would do.But things do have to change

Tofty has been going steady of late imo.

20 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I would keep Pickering only if they know he will become fully fit.As for him being a heatleader,I think he is far from that at the moment as his 5pt something average suggests.

Rowe has stagnated imo,yes he had a couple of decent meetings at Lynn a while ago now,but hasn't got going like several thought he would do.But things do have to change

Tofty has been going steady of late imo.

I have followed Rowes scores this year for Poole and he is doing a great job at no2. I personally don’t think Edwards rides KingsLynn that well he seems to do better away than at KingsLynn. 
I think a fully fit Pickering is a heat leader which he was providing last year till he got injured. 
toft was supposed to be a heat leader at KingsLynn but has looked far from it in my book, 

My personal opinion is that Jason Edwards deserves to retain his place, as he is developing into a good rider.  I'd also keep KK purely for the big scores he's likely to score in home matches. I know he doesn't score well away, but winning at home with a decent result, gives  us the chance of  the bonus points. Of course we want to win away matches, but how many clubs do that on a regular basis anyway?
If Laguta is coming in, and all the signs do now suggest that he will, I'd like to see local rider Connor Mountain in the side. He's been so unlucky not to find a Premiership place this year, as he was doing well last season.
Who from the rest of the team would I release, if the figures all worked. Klindt would have to be one, Tofty maybe, and for me, although I recognise that many of you think differently, I'd get rid of Josh.  I like the guy, but for me, when fit, he's not consistent enough.

One thing I do know, is that I'm glad I'm not a promoter/team manager, as it must be heartbreaking having to break up a team they had so much belief in a couple of months ago.
Whoever leaves, I wish them well for the future, and hope they get fixed up with another club ASAP.     

If Pickering goes to fifth in the averages then he needs replacing even iffir just 28 days as R/R won't cover him at all. 

Mountain and Laguta for KK and Jorgensen would be good changes. I get the argument about winning at home not away but it would be nice to at least be competitive on the road.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I have followed Rowes scores this year for Poole and he is doing a great job at no2. I personally don’t think Edwards rides KingsLynn that well he seems to do better away than at KingsLynn. 
I think a fully fit Pickering is a heat leader which he was providing last year till he got injured. 
toft was supposed to be a heat leader at KingsLynn but has looked far from it in my book, 

I like Pickering,but was he really a heatleader?6pt average indicates not imo.He is worth it on his average though as a second string.

Doesn't seem right to be able to drop and replace 2 riders and retain the r/r facility when 1 of those being dropped would fit in that last slot.......

Another example of why speedway isn't taken seriously as top line professional sport 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Doesn't seem right to be able to drop and replace 2 riders and retain the r/r facility when 1 of those being dropped would fit in that last slot.......

Another example of why speedway isn't taken seriously as top line professional sport 

Agreed 

If the new signing IS Artem Laguna let's just hope he has a better attitude than the last former individual world champion they signed