British Speedway Forum

Well you go to bed and get up put this forum on and just what had happened ? 

So who’s  promoting now Alitt I guess recently a press release said Buster not financially involved - who’s paying Laguta wages ? think we shall soon find out hopefully it’s not the last we see of Laguta but can’t see Buster paying his wages . Some reports Jacobsen has quit as well so what is going on ? 
cue Simon Lambert in Jacobsen place it be a very different team if Buster paying the wage bill 

Bit of a shock waking up this morning to see this.

I think it may have been common knowledge that Alex has had personal issues over the last year,but I thought he was getting through OK,unfortunately not it seems.Social media doesn't help in these matters I suppose when people will no doubt give you constant abuse on all fronts.Best for many would not to go on social media or to have skin as thick as an elephant to let it go over their head.

We have seen a little abuse on here towards him,I don't know what goes on,on Facebook etc as I don't do it as I think it is all a load of cobblers.

Hopefully the months will pass and things will get a little easier for him and we can welcome him back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Bit of a shock waking up this morning to see this.

I think it may have been common knowledge that Alex has had personal issues over the last year,but I thought he was getting through OK,unfortunately not it seems.Social media doesn't help in these matters I suppose when people will no doubt give you constant abuse on all fronts.Best for many would not to go on social media or to have skin as thick as an elephant to let it go over their head.

We have seen a little abuse on here towards him,I don't know what goes on,on Facebook etc as I don't do it as I think it is all a load of cobblers.

Hopefully the months will pass and things will get a little easier for him and we can welcome him back.

Perhaps others will reflect on this before continuing their tirade towards MT at Peterborough.

• Like 6

Such a shame.

I wish Alex all the best and hope that he comes out of this happier. Seems like a good guy and the type who could have taken the sport forward with new ideas. The sport needs more like him.

Sad to say it but This may be the end for Lynn speedway.

With Buster wanting out, Dale in hospital and now Brady gone. Who is paying the bills ?

Will KingsLynn finish the season ?

Lynn could end up just being a banger track. 

Hopefully someone will step in and take it over, but they will need deep pockets with money, as the crowds we are getting won’t pay the wages without someone putting money in. 

Maybe Jonathan Chapman may take control with his dad in the background ? 

• Sad 1

Alex Brady is good for British speedway and is needed back but for now let him have his time away to sort out his personal issues. If he comes back for next season which I suspect I can assure you he will make lynn good again. 

all this laguta on 10k a meeting malarkey is way of the mark. It’s no way near that. And Infact if true what I heard laguta is quite cheap 

GKM stopping jakobsen riding could be a blessing for you guys if you can find the right person to replace him 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Perhaps others will reflect on this before continuing their tirade towards MT at Peterborough.

And Buster.

People know they can go an various social media sites,spout crap and not be known,that's why they do it.You don't very often see people confronting the likes of Buster etc because they would rather hide behind a keyboard.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Sad to say it but This may be the end for Lynn speedway.

With Buster wanting out, Dale in hospital and now Brady gone. Who is paying the bills ?

Will KingsLynn finish the season ?

Lynn could end up just being a banger track. 

Hopefully someone will step in and take it over, but they will need deep pockets with money, as the crowds we are getting won’t pay the wages without someone putting money in. 

Maybe Jonathan Chapman may take control with his dad in the background ? 

I definitely like the idea of Jonathan taking control - but what’s happened isn’t good for future of KL Speedway .

So Laguta has done his 3 ‘taster’ meetings now riding the 2 tracks he’d only previously ridden before in the UK, wonder when he’ll make the decision whether to continue riding here or not? The £5k a meeting might need to be reworked for the rest of the season if he does as there needs to be other changes to make the team competitive 

9 hours ago, TTT said:

You can kiss goodbye to Laguta now, No way is Buster paying him 10k a night when KL's season is already over.

Now we know why Tungate isn't showing up at Peterborough now.

£10,000 :nono:

A shame that another newcomer who could have been a breath of fresh air has gone (for now hopefully back) 

Too long a list over past decade. 

Forced out

Money runs out

Main income source affected 

Disillusion 

Those and other reasons. 

I'd imagine anyone running and funding Estate Agencies is in deep mess right now though, economy trashed, mortgage rates rising, cost of living crisis. Going to be a rocky few years for them. 

Hopefully Alex will be back

• Like 1

What the hell is going on with speedway right now.

10 hours ago, TTT said:

You can kiss goodbye to Laguta now, No way is Buster paying him 10k a night when KL's season is already over.

Now we know why Tungate isn't showing up at Peterborough now.

£10,000 :nono:

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

A shame that another newcomer who could have been a breath of fresh air has gone (for now hopefully back) 

Too long a list over past decade. 

Forced out

Money runs out

Main income source affected 

Disillusion 

Those and other reasons. 

I'd imagine anyone running and funding Estate Agencies is in deep mess right now though, economy trashed, mortgage rates rising, cost of living crisis. Going to be a rocky few years for them. 

Hopefully Alex will be back

From Alex  "and trust me when I say I’m leaving it healthy financially" The club.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1