British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

In the Speedway Star interview with Alex Brady, he said that the "TV money" completely covered Laguta's salary to the end of the season, with the money from Discovery held in a separate company account which he didn't control...

If Artem's costs are covered, does that mean the rest of the team are "over budget" as was quoted...?

It’s quite possible that Brady was happy to break even whereas Buster isn’t happy unless he is making money, which is what he would want from the TV money?

Interesting to know how much the TV money is, as others previously quoted that it was peanuts.

15 hours ago, TTT said:

It'll be a championship rider replacing Laguta.

Wouldn't be shocked if it was one of Castagna, Mountain or Heeps.

How shocked and apologetic might you be if he keeps Laguta?

15 hours ago, Speedball said:

I’m expecting Laguta to go and we’ll use guests due to “special dispensation” or “best interests of the sport”. Something of that ilk.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Barker replace Thomson to “strengthen” the side. 

Christ, it’s depressing being a Stars fan at times.

It's all in the mind!

4 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

It's all in the mind!

Do you know something we don't?

6 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Do you know something we don't?

To be honest I wouldn't know but then neither does anyone else yet. If you look back over the various threads associated with King's Lynn and the vitriol towards Buster it is too often based on a poster's opinion, comment or thought and not facts, I'm weary of it and I know I don't have to read it but I genuinely feel that so many negative posts are as equally harmful to the sport as some of the decisions made within it.

Buster had both clubs pre-sold and was on his exit route when for whatever reason it all went pear shaped, it takes two parties to make a deal and only one to break it - which party is really responsible will never truly be known. In the case of both of Buster's clubs so called; friends, acquaintances, people "in the know" and even the haters have given opinions but if the truth is out there it's clear no-one believes it.

The sale and/or exchange of a business is usually preceded by a "Heads of Terms " agreement that usually includes a confidentiality agreement that restricts those involved as to what if anything they can reveal and unless a sunset clause is embodied it can last forever. 

Did the sale of these businesses get that far? Who knows? That is my point - nobody really knows except those directly involved and I don't see them posting on this forum.

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not at all. The way it came across to me was that you was taking the pee at a difficult time for the club..Of course he wouldn’t sell any if he closed down.. Remind me of those replies,and I’ll do my best.

I asked why you mentioned MT in your post, & said I don't want any speedway club to fold. Haven't really got an opinion on MT, as I don't know him, & don't know the facts regarding this seasons fiasco.

56 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It’s quite possible that Brady was happy to break even whereas Buster isn’t happy unless he is making money, which is what he would want from the TV money?

Interesting to know how much the TV money is, as others previously quoted that it was peanuts.

In the interview he quoted the "£10k a night" nonsense mentioned by some, and said that it was not even near half that..

So. Let's say it is somewhere between 3k and 4k a night, and Artem was only booked in for say 10 meetings (who knows if certain meetings were not required?), then you can maybe suggest around £30k (ish) for the deal? 

7 tracks sharing around circa £250k maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byker Biker said:

To be honest I wouldn't know but then neither does anyone else yet. If you look back over the various threads associated with King's Lynn and the vitriol towards Buster it is too often based on a poster's opinion, comment or thought and not facts, I'm weary of it and I know I don't have to read it but I genuinely feel that so many negative posts are as equally harmful to the sport as some of the decisions made within it.

Buster had both clubs pre-sold and was on his exit route when for whatever reason it all went pear shaped, it takes two parties to make a deal and only one to break it - which party is really responsible will never truly be known. In the case of both of Buster's clubs so called; friends, acquaintances, people "in the know" and even the haters have given opinions but if the truth is out there it's clear no-one believes it.

The sale and/or exchange of a business is usually preceded by a "Heads of Terms " agreement that usually includes a confidentiality agreement that restricts those involved as to what if anything they can reveal and unless a sunset clause is embodied it can last forever. 

Did the sale of these businesses get that far? Who knows? That is my point - nobody really knows except those directly involved and I don't see them posting on this forum.

Just what shifty Chapman deserves for all the under hand dealings and stupid antics he’s been up to. The common denominator with these deals going pear shaped is Chapman. Over the years he has fallen out with everyone. You will never get to the facts because Chapman is a devious little sh*t who doesn’t tell the truth. Most people, even them that have stood up for Chapman, now realise what a dodgy untrustworthy bloke he is and what’s happening at KL and PB is all down to him. He has brought all of this on himself as what goes around comes around. The fans of both clubs deserve better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

I asked why you mentioned MT in your post, & said I don't want any speedway club to fold. Haven't really got an opinion on MT, as I don't know him, & don't know the facts regarding this seasons fiasco.

Because i thought you were having a pop at Lynn when they are in trouble for no fault of Buster. He was left in the sh!t by the promoter.. So i gave it back with a dig back. It's all a bit  silly really, but all the people  on here blaming Buster for everything, don't know either, It is their opinion. The same is it's just my opinion. The truth might be somewhere in between, who knows.  As I've said before, a simple statement from MT is all that's needed to stop the speculation.. I know there's a lot going on behind the scenes regarding keeping both clubs going. Not so sure on the sale thing.

I'm sure no real speedway fan wants any club to close.  

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Just what shifty Chapman deserves for all the under hand dealings and stupid antics he’s been up to. The common denominator with these deals going pear shaped is Chapman. Over the years he has fallen out with everyone. You will never get to the facts because Chapman is a devious little sh*t who doesn’t tell the truth. Most people, even them that have stood up for Chapman, now realise what a dodgy untrustworthy bloke he is and what’s happening at KL and PB is all down to him. He has brought all of this on himself as what goes around comes around. The fans of both clubs deserve better. 

Your not a fan then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, ArtemFan said:

I'm also hearing Jacob Thorsell could be a replacement for Laguta....

Nah. To expensive.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nah. To expensive.

Another 6 weeks 7 at a push allowing for rain offs and or others reasons for call offs the season will be over for Kings Lynn so little point in any changes now - hopefully now potential new promoter is already in contact with Buster and hopefully talks are already taking place regarding 2024 season as can anyone really see Buster carrying on running the speedway at KL beyond the end of August 2023 . 

5 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

How shocked and apologetic might you be if he keeps Laguta?

100% shocked and 0% apologetic

Buster needs to find some cash because KL don't have a pot to pish in apparently.

2 hours ago, screm said:

Your not a fan then.

Don't they say Love and Hate are very close :lol:

5 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

That's how i see it. Lets just hope both come to tapes in 24, in whatever league that fits their budgets.