British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Trendsetters 

Dont follow the example to much though , as not many teams win a title and then at the end of the next season the teams been completely disbanded 

I think that's a home team only, poor away so will struggle to make the top 5.

Can’t make my mind up about this team tbh. At first glance it looks very very ordinary, but then they undoubtedly have two of the biggest improvers average wise in Pickering and Particularly Jakobsen. Reserves can win meetings as we’ve seen so many times before and they’ll always have a good un. Wouldn’t be surprised if this team struggles, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it does well. In other words, I’m sitting on the fence!

As far as I can tell Krzystof Kasprzak's last average was 8.04 with Rye House in 2018, but I'm assuming that's wrong considering he's not number 1 and that figure puts the team well above the limit, where have I gone wrong then?

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
4 Krzysztof Kasprzak 8.04
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

I really can't tell if I like that team or not... Gonna take me a while to think about it... I can't tell if it's really good or really bad :blink:

Anything with Josh Pickering and MPT in must be really good, right?? Brilliant reserves too

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I can tell Krzystof Kasprzak's last average was 8.04 with Rye House in 2018, but I'm assuming that's wrong considering he's not number 1 and that figure puts the team well above the limit, where have I gone wrong then?

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

I really can't tell if I like that team or not... Gonna take me a while to think about it... I can't tell if it's really good or really bad :blink:

Anything with Josh Pickering and MPT in must be really good, right?? Brilliant reserves too

Rye House's results were expunged, so at the end of the season his average reverted back to his starting figure for 2018 of 6.86

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

I remember seeing 6 something quoted on here somewhere at some point for KK.

EDIT arnieg beat me to it by a whisker.

Edited by Bagpuss

3 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Looks competitive to me, possibly a bit weak in heats 13 & 15, but very solid in the other 13 heats.

This is a strong team in my view with no obvious weaknesses. Jacobsen should be the trump card .

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Rye House's results were expunged, so at the end of the season his average reverted back to his starting figure for 2018 of 6.86

Sums up the farce of it all.....

• Like 1

If the KK of old turns up this is a good team BUT 

time will tell 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Expunging results is and always has been standard practice if a club goes belly up has it not? 

20 minutes ago, arnieg said:

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Same rule that was used for Eddie Kennett & Kyle Newman last year and Matthew Wethers & Lee Complin this year

• Like 1

Looks a good team to me & will always have a strong reserve. If they are weaker in heats 13 & 15, it shouldn't cost them as they'll be stronger in heats 2,8,12&14.

Don't see Kasprzak as a risk as he's on a sub 7.00 ave & can only see that rising!

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Expunging results is and always has been standard practice if a club goes belly up has it not? 

Yeah - no question 

But now looking at at an average over 5 years old

Then you have Jackobsen where they decided not to use a genuine meeting meaning he retains an old average too

Not picking on Lynn - there will be others and all are far from ideal and leave a bad taste

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, no curve balls to the expected line-up. 

Whether or not this team will win enough both home & away, it should provide some entertainment with Jorgensen, Palm-Toft, Pickering & Jakobsen. 

A couple of gating tarts in Klindt & Kasprzak won't hurt either. 

A team that could go either way, but compared to the other teams (almost) completed so far, this isn't looking so bad. 

Wolverhampton look the worst team so far,