British Speedway Forum
westlakejawa

Jubilee championship league

53 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You have forgotten "Hi Ho Silver Lining"....

Wots Len got to do with it ??!!

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Maybe paying for three meetings from one home leg is the issue? 

Especially for Glasgow as not many Poole or Leicester fans will be in attendance I would think..

Especially given the way the competition has been devalued by the way it has been allowed to drift on without the clear priority and focus any "Final" of a competition should have been given..

I agree, but then why agree to 3 legs in the first place? If a one-off on a neutral track would be poorly attended, why agree to that at the AGM?

Could easily have said highest runners up & ran 2 semi finals! Can't understand how issues have only arisen since qualifiers were finished?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree, but then why agree to 3 legs in the first place? If a one-off on a neutral track would be poorly attended, why agree to that at the AGM?

Could easily have said highest runners up & ran 2 semi finals! Can't understand how issues have only arisen since qualifiers were finished?  

Because those who run the sport have no vision, nor have any consequence for their actions...

Instead it is a private members club with everything ran along the lines of an expensive hobby, rather than bona fide professional sporting leagues...

• Like 1

Poole - Wednesday 26th October

Leicester- Saturday 29th October

Glasgow - TBC

It says Glasgow are taking part but there is no date scheduled for their home leg, I can see this being ridden over 2 leg only. 

Also have to wonder what sort of team Glasgow will have with Ostergaard retired, Hume injured & rumoured Nicol is back in USA ?

10 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Glasgow - 

Also have to wonder what sort of team Glasgow will have with Ostergaard retired, Hume injured & rumoured Nicol is back in USA ?

A stronger one???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Glasgow - TBC

It says Glasgow are taking part but there is no date scheduled for their home leg, I can see this being ridden over 2 leg only. 

I assume the Glasgow leg is Friday, October 28th, since that doesn't clash with any other meeting that day, but it's odd that Glasgow haven't announced anything yet.

41 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

I assume the Glasgow leg is Friday, October 28th, since that doesn't clash with any other meeting that day, but it's odd that Glasgow haven't announced anything yet.

Apathy is the only thing coming from Ashfield these days.

There has been very little posted about anything on any of the social media sights.

Terrible way to treat the fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Apathy is the only thing coming from Ashfield these days.

There has been very little posted about anything on any of the social media sights.

Terrible way to treat the fans.

Think the owners may very well be completely fed up with a few things that have occurred throughout the season.

Just my thoughts on things.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Could be Friday the 4th of November. Last season ran on into November so the same may happen again. 

On 10/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Glasgow - TBC

Dates confirmed by Poole unless Fridays play off is rained off in which case 26th will become the 2nd leg and the Jubilee postponed!!

Dates announced Poole 26th October Leicester 29th October, know mention of Glasgow riding 

26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Dates announced Poole 26th October Leicester 29th October, know mention of Glasgow riding 

Yes there is. Look at BSPL fixture list

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Yes there is. Look at BSPL fixture list

Know home leg for Glasgow then 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Know home leg for Glasgow then 

And I don’t think there will be.