British Speedway Forum
westlakejawa

Jubilee championship league

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Why is it a poor excuse it doesn’t sit right with them clearly , It’s only a poor excuse because you want it too be I personally think they are correct on this stance.

So why are we only hearing about it now?

Why were Glasgow's views not made public earlier as a courtesy to their fans at the very least?

• Like 3

Just now, cinderfella said:

Why were Glasgow's views not made public earlier as a courtesy to their fans at the very least?

No idea but it was common knowledge that we were not participating.

They have now explained why and I can see why they have made there decision.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No idea but it was common knowledge that we were not participating.

They have now explained why and I can see why they have made there decision.

Its taken them this long to dream up an excuse you mean, what if was still called the summer trophy. They also said lack of available dates and the weather, what they mean is they don't want the expense of running a meeting which there is little interest in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Its taken them this long to dream up an excuse you mean, what if was still called the summer trophy. They also said lack of available dates and the weather, what they mean is they don't want the expense of running a meeting which there is little interest in.

You seem to know all the answers so why ask ?.

You are making assumptions and have your opinions and others will have their opinions. There statement gave the reason why we pulled out when  or why we make the statement is irrelevant it has been made that’s  really all there is to it.

Edited by Gazc

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

You seem to know all the answers so why ask ?.

You are making assumptions and have your opinions and others will have their opinions. There statement gave the reason why we pulled out when  or why we make the statement is irrelevant it has been made that’s  really all there is to it really.

Just my opinion, if it had been Poole there would already have been pages of opinions.Their statement in my opinion is excuses not reasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Just my opinion, if it had been Poole there would already have been pages of opinions.Their statement in my opinion is excuses not reasons. 

As I say your opinion and the statement makes it clear there REASONS why we pulled out.

It is what it is we have made our decision not really a lot more the promotion can say , It seems very clear to me.

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

As I say your opinion and the statement makes it clear there REASONS why we pulled out.

It is what it is we have made our decision not really a lot more the promotion can say , It seems very clear to me.

Maybe clear if you believe it.

Pretty disgraceful from Glasgow to be honest and they should be heavily fined for failing to participate. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Exactly.!

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Why is it a poor excuse it doesn’t sit right with them clearly , It’s only a poor excuse because you want it too be I personally think they are correct on this stance.

Spoken like true blue nose. 

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Just looked at the fixture list and there at least 14 meetings to fit in till the end of the season.

And Leicester Lions, Leicester Cubs and Leicester’s track are due to be involved in 10 of them 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Glasgow statement on the jubilee final.

GLASGOW TIGERS WITHDRAW FROM CHAMPIONSHIP JUBILEE
October 20, 2022
Glasgow have taken the decision to withdraw from the Championship Jubilee League and will not take part in the planned three-legged final. Club director, Alan Dick, said the following:

“Having qualified for the Championship Jubilee League final alongside Leicester and Poole, we have taken the decision to withdraw from the competition.

“Following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II on 8 September, we suggested that the competition be abandoned as a mark of respect, as to us it didn’t feel right to race in a competition commemorating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee shortly after she had passed away, however, the other two finalists still wished to go ahead with the final, which we respected.

“Whilst our season was effectively over on 2 October following our play-off semi-final defeat to Poole, this wasn’t the case for Poole, who were still to race in the KO Cup Final and Championship Grand Final, with the latter being planned for this coming Friday and Saturday.

“Given the above, the lack of available dates, and the likely weather between now and the end of the month, we have taken the decision to withdraw from the competition.

“We would like to wish Poole and Leicester the best of luck in the final.”

The full explanation gives a little bit more credibility to the descion bit still does more damage to the credibility to the sport.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Come on even you cant think this is the actual reason. Personally ive thought its a pointless competition the whole way through but this excuse is just rubbish 

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Do you not agree that it’s a poor excuse? nothing to do with Glasgow would have the same opinion if it was any other team.

For once I find myself in agreement with you Blobby. 

It's total pish.

One thing no one has mentioned is how 3 riders were injured and had to withdraw from the Monarchs v Tigers group match.

Glasgow, who I support, have now made a total farce of the competition and effectively made riders risk their health in meetings that have turned out  to be meaningless.

I assume it was The Promotion who took the decision to withdraw and were the riders asked their opinions.

After all it would have been another 3 pay cheques going into the off season for riders.

Guess we'll never know.

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1