British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

You can call me out lad. It was my opinion & I still genuinely believe, had he stuck around British Speedway, he would have become the next Chris Harris. The best thing Lambert did was get away from King's Lynn & British Speedway. 

I'm certainly not embarrassed by those thoughts, he was annoying the s#!+ out of me with his curb crawling in the first half of the GP series. 2nd half, went up another gear. Couldn't be happier for him. 

Now, he HAS to become consistent but becoming World No5 I'm more than pleased to also never make that comparison again. 

Amazing thing has just happened for social media - 'Man 43 changes his mind'.

Call BBC, ITV, Sky news quick sharp chap

nasmarajs-yeah-ok.gif

I'm not a lad and didn't know who it was you TBH. I think you need help....

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

So Belle Vue legend, Robert Lambert, who has ridden a grand total of 2 meetings so far, leads them to the title. (Nothing against Lambert he is, as he proved tonight,  a fantastic rider). Tainted win.

Yep ok, we are way down the ringer league, oh and your going to look silly when Sheffield turn this around, 12 isnt enough.

Decent meeting tonight + with a 12 point lead meeting still in the balance. Lambert absolute different gravy. The battle with Holder was super in ht 11 speedway out of the top drawer.  

Looking at speedway updates last meeting in Sept at Owlerton - Kurtz scored 12 with 4 heat wins , Zagar 9 (6) Tom Brennan 1+1 . Not sure how Lambert goes there but he has been absolute class in the two NSS meetings.   

Game on for the 2nd leg !!!  

Hope Etheridge and Wright not too beaten up. Musielak is supposedly fine but looked an awkward soil sample.  

Great to see a decent crowd and a good Sheffield away support roll on to Thurs 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Got to laugh at the forum idiots on here, before hand it was all “Belle Vue to win by 20+”, now with 12 point lead and 2 riders out they saying “Belle Vue’s to loose”

Yes would have been alot more had Wright not messed up. 12 is a good lead, may not be enough, depending how Lambert rides it. 

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Fantastic nights racing...

Truly World Class Heat 13...

And 15 was going to be a cracker too.

Polish racing but in the UK...

Tough, everything on the line Speedway, with massive trust and respect between the riders...

Breathtaking racing at times..

And a perfect set up for Thursday I would suggest...

Big crowd, great racing, thrills and spills, and brilliant atmosphere....

When Speedway is done this well it has few peers...

Hopefully more of the same on Thursday..

Best wishes to the two injured Aces..

Could they get Dan Bewley for Thursday as a replacement..? :D

Hope Old Bob tuned in....;)

Cant be Polish racing people overtook each other .

48 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. You had a ringer at reserve with Shamek Pawlicki. No better than BV with Lambert.

At least Lemon is learning from the From the Ford school of manipulating the rules.

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not a lad and didn't know who it was you TBH. I think you need help....

You're absolutely right, I do. Life is not kind to all of us :t:

36 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Fantastic racing

The NSS sets a high bar and that didn't get near it, one line near the fence.

13 minutes ago, krompa said:

Referee helped Lemon a lot. Wright should have been excluded in heat 5 (it makes that 5-1 into 3-3 or worse) and obviously Lambo in Heat 15 for missing 2 mins.  

I thought Holder was correctly excluded from that heat. Unlucky as it was 50/50. Kerr was always going to drift out but Wright had his wheels in a straight line a long time prior to the collision, Holder hadn't finished turning the bike.

• Like 2

I said a few days ago i thought Sheffield would win over the two legs as they will ride the NSS better than we go at Owlerton, i still stand by that to bang 39 points in with Holder scoring a paltry two is a decent return and not enough for us in the second leg. What Wright was thinking when he came off i dont know he was never going to get the win, just sit in for the two points, if he decides to ride not fully fit as speedway riders do, that will be another minus for us, i dont know when Lambert last rode there but i can see Sheffield getting the jump out the starts and pulling the deficit back by at least halfway. Ive always been of the mind the real champions are the team that finish the regular season top, im not changing my opinion on that just because my team is involved, but it makes it easier to take losing out after finishing third rather than finishing top and losing out. Either way i just hope its a good race meeting and theres always the Kelham Island tavern to drown the sorrows :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I bet Kings Lynn fans were surprised how well Lewis Kerr rode, good performance I thought. 

His form after leaving Kings Lynn has been really good.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Expect Bartosz Zmarzlik to be signed Wednesday evening as a short-term injury replacement for Charles Wright. 

Page 3 section 7 of the BV rulebook states that the club is allowed to do what they like, When they like and the BSPA have to bend over for them 24/7.

What utter nonsense...

No way will Zmarzlik be replacing Wright...

It will be Dan Bewley replacing Etheridge...

Three letter first names you see...

Dan/Jye...

All in the rules...

All in the rules...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest I would think Sheffield should feel a little bit annoyed at how many points they lost from winning positions...

They seemed to gate in a fair few races and led a good many heats coming out of turn two...

Made for some great racing though watching the Aces come from the back, particularly flying around turns 3 and 4...

Lambert passing two at once has fast become a trademark.. 

33 minutes ago, krompa said:

Referee helped Lemon a lot. Wright should have been excluded in heat 5 (it makes that 5-1 into 3-3 or worse) and obviously Lambo in Heat 15 for missing 2 mins.  

Christina has said in an interview that if they only just don't make the 2 mins she lets them in. 

31 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

At least Lemon is learning from the From the Ford school of manipulating the rules.

Prepare to be hated then! :D

• Haha 1