British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

17 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I said a few days ago i thought Sheffield would win over the two legs as they will ride the NSS better than we go at Owlerton, i still stand by that to bang 39 points in with Holder scoring a paltry two is a decent return and not enough for us in the second leg. What Wright was thinking when he came off i dont know he was never going to get the win, just sit in for the two points, if he decides to ride not fully fit as speedway riders do, that will be another minus for us, i dont know when Lambert last rode there but i can see Sheffield getting the jump out the starts and pulling the deficit back by at least halfway. Ive always been of the mind the real champions are the team that finish the regular season top, im not changing my opinion on that just because my team is involved, but it makes it easier to take losing out after finishing third rather than finishing top and losing out. Either way i just hope its a good race meeting and theres always the Kelham Island tavern to drown the sorrows :D

Didn't realise BV finished 3rd. Both leagues 1st Vs 3rd, how strange! 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Prepare to be hated then! :D

But Ford created a winning mentality at the club and like Man U under Sir Alex was despised for it, who cares when your winning hey Lisa

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I bet Kings Lynn fans were surprised how well Lewis Kerr rode, good performance I thought. 

He has been very good since moving on, sometimes a change of scenery does everyone good. Good for him, I don't think anyone would begrudge him a bit of success. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes would have been alot more had Wright not messed up. 12 is a good lead, may not be enough, depending how Lambert rides it. 

18 points I reckon if charles stays on, probably 20+ if Jye doesn't get injured.   I'd if been happy with 12 with a fully fit team, but its a least a lead that gives some hope.  Need a good start though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Christina has said in an interview that if they only just don't make the 2 mins she lets them in. 

That’s ridiculous. Does she also let them off if they “only just” touch the tapes ? 

• Like 3

In their own way both sides will feel happy - Sheffield will feel that can overturn the 12 points and BV have a lead to defend on Thursday which given all the carnage is at least a lead. 

If the tigers start with a couple of 5-1s then it will be very interesting a BV scored 36 when I saw then but anything can happen on Thursday. 

One things for sure on current form Lambert is by far a better option than Fricke! 

Sheffield should be delighted with the 12 point defeat.

It would've been 16+ if Charles Wright didn't throw away the 3 - 3 and leave Blodorn in Ht 14 all on his own.

Sheffield still in with a chance at 12 points down, Slim chance but it's still a chance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Holder was at least half a bike ahead of him!!

.....bUT his Sheffield team mate on the inside slightly made jack go off line goig for a gap that was really tight before Holder got moved slightly off line,and i dont think Wright would of just fell off and the red light was straight on.For me the ref made the correct decision.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, tyke said:

Ermobollox at it's finest

He really was in fine form tonight talking total rubbish,first talking a riders helmet cover in the first race which proved totally wrong,and then he had a segment all to himself trying to work the graphics and talk at the same time:osomethig about the Belle vue reserve crossing the white exiting the second bend,really.why Eurosport trust him to do anything just baffles me.But as i have said many times he served the sport well and was a quality rider,and clever too on track ,so it baffles me how bad he is on the mic.

6 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

That’s ridiculous. Does she also let them off if they “only just” touch the tapes ? 

Something about it would take a lot more time for a team to sort out who is coming out instead and having a fresh two mins. So for the sake of a few secs. However there must be a cut off point in her head, but she didn't say what that was. 

Edited by lisa-colette

6 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Well it was very close with Lambert, some refs may have excluded him. 

I expected Lambert to be left at the start as He came straight round to the tapes with no digging/gardening or looking for the best rut.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, krompa said:

Referee helped Lemon a lot. Wright should have been excluded in heat 5 (it makes that 5-1 into 3-3 or worse) and obviously Lambo in Heat 15 for missing 2 mins.  

Lambert wasn't even close to missing the 2 minutes in heat 15.

As I learned myself yesterday, on this very thread, the rule is as follows: "Riders must, at the expiry of this time allowance, be on track, under power, proceeding without stopping towards the starting gate."

So, he still had about 30 seconds left when he came onto the track.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well it was very close with Lambert, some refs may have excluded him. 

They wouldn't have known the correct rule if they had.

• Like 2