British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

very even to call around owlerton but the winners of the meeting for me will come from Sedgman & Mountain. These 2 will be the difference. 

Sadly I agree unless Brennan and Blodorn can really step up a notch.

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Wright is out, RR at 2 for him

simon lambert in for Reggie. So it’s the lambert show 

la la la la la la lambert 

New kevlars being made for Simon Lambert or will they adjust either Wrights or Etheridge's to fit .

• Haha 1

I hate the term choking, really disrespectful. 

I also think folk are being a but hard on Wright, there was a grippy patch on bend three/four which caught a few riders out. Just one of those things.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I also think folk are being a but hard on Wright, there was a grippy patch on bend three/four which caught a few riders out. Just one of those things.

Yes choking is a ludicrous accusation when two riders are out injured, but injuries, play offs, and Belle Vue appear to go hand in hand. Easy home win for me, Sheffields second strings and reserves will own ours.

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Wrights season over. How have we not been allowed a replacement. Disgraceful from BSPL. Hang your heads in shame. One rule for one. And one for another. 

just another reason to have an independent governing body 

In the Championship if you have one of your 1 - 5 missing due to injury, etc. you are only permitted a guest if his GSA places him in your top 3, if he is 4 or 5, then it's R/R instead.

Are the rules different for the Premiership?

Even if they are, your choice of guest would be restricted to King's Lynn & Peterborough riders or eligible Championship riders not declared in the Premiership.

4 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Charles and his rush of blood is going to cost us much more than his two points he would have scored Monday behind Musielak, still dont know what he was thinking. I know racers race but you have to use your head, anyway hope he recovers well. He is a big miss at Sheffield dont think Jye will be a big mis tbh especially away. Theres a lot of pressure (too much)  probably on our top three, no way will Holder have another bad night, i expect double figures from him, Howarth too i think will step up a lot from Monday, Musielak will just do what he does and Sheffield will outscore us at reserve, overall i really dont see 12 being anywhere near enough, an early home 5_1 in heat two would surely set Sheffield up nicely. With Charles i would have fancied us, but anything can happen in sport as we saw Monday.

To be fair to Wright he wasn't the only one, Howarth was going mad as well and looked out of control sometimes, he too looked like a accident waiting to happen, he made mistakes too which cost Sheffield points. Musielak had his moments too but always seemed in control somehow until his crash which it seems he has got away with although a bit lucky his bike didn't come down on him, could of been worse. 

3 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

I can't see r/r bringing in too many points -  maybe four from Zagar and Brennan (a first and third or two seconds) and one point from Blodorn & the guest.  It will certainly be less than Charles Wright would have scored I'd have thought.

I can see Simon Lambert getting some, he can be hit and miss but he seems to do well when guesting. 

Double points for the Aces top 3 would be 30 points plus 12 = 42 so the rest of the team only need to score 3 to be sure of an overall draw

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't like that term either, a few on here used to say that about Poole if we got beat but if you get beaten by a better side it isn't choking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

In the Championship if you have one of your 1 - 5 missing due to injury, etc. you are only permitted a guest if his GSA places him in your top 3, if he is 4 or 5, then it's R/R instead.

Even if they are, your choice of guest would be restricted to King's Lynn & Peterborough riders or eligible Championship riders not declared in the Premiership.

Pretty sure he's talking about a permanent signing. 

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

The rules are the same in the PL.It is R/R for a rider 4th/5th in the averages unless you have 2 riders out in the 1-5.

12 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Double points for the Aces top 3 would be 30 points plus 12 = 42 so the rest of the team only need to score 3 to be sure of an overall draw

Don’t see Zagar getting double points 

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don’t see Zagar getting double points 

I was thinking.....

Lambert 12

Zagar 9

Kurtz 8

leaving 4 points for the rest of the team to score