British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

After all the mud slinging last season when Steve Lawson jumped ship after initially agreeing to sign for Plymouth you might have thought lessons would have been learnt!   

Not so it would appear, if rumours are true it look's like the same thing has happened this time with Adam Roynon, shame on you Adam & Poole. We await all the excuses but facts are facts.

I think you might mean Richard....

On 1/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, steve roberts said:

As a matter of interest when were bonus points not included in the overall CMA?

The reason I remember is because Daniel Nermark signed for Edinburgh in 2005 on some stupidly high converted average, around 11.34.

He was one of the most frustrating riders I've ever had the misfortune to watch, home and away, and finished the season a smidgen over 8 (8.06?)

It was during that winter when the powers that be decided to exclude bonus points from the team building averages / green sheets, thus lowering DN to 6.74 or thereabouts (I'd need to check my spreadsheet for the exact figures, but it's not exactly important).

He left the Monarchs and signed for KL alongside, from memory, the likes of Tomas Topinka, Kevin Doolan and a very young Troy Batchelor. I'm sure Mr Bagpuss will tell me if I've got any of those wrong.

Of course, after being next to useless in our colours, he suddenly became untouchable around all UK second tier circuits, and the Stars ran away with the league title by the proverbial mile :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Who is Steve Lawson? 

I haven't heard this rumour that Roynon had signed for Plymouth.

He hadn’t. 

9 hours ago, King Jamie said:

The reason I remember is because Daniel Nermark signed for Edinburgh in 2005 on some stupidly high converted average, around 11.34.

He was one of the most frustrating riders I've ever had the misfortune to watch, home and away, and finished the season a smidgen over 8 (8.06?)

It was during that winter when the powers that be decided to exclude bonus points from the team building averages / green sheets, thus lowering DN to 6.74 or thereabouts (I'd need to check my spreadsheet for the exact figures, but it's not exactly important).

He left the Monarchs and signed for KL alongside, from memory, the likes of Tomas Topinka, Kevin Doolan and a very young Troy Batchelor. I'm sure Mr Bagpuss will tell me if I've got any of those wrong.

Of course, after being next to useless in our colours, he suddenly became untouchable around all UK second tier circuits, and the Stars ran away with the league title by the proverbial mile :rolleyes:

And the Cup and Trophy. Clean sweep.

Nermark

Harding

Doolan

Batchelor

Topinka

Mills

Oliver

BOOM

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

It wouldn’t surprise anyone if it did happen again though would it.

So spreading false rumours is ok as long as it is in line with the agenda of accusing Poole of doing something underhand. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So spreading false rumours is ok as long as it is in line with the agenda of accusing Poole of doing something underhand. 

That is the bandwagon I'm afraid FB. If it makes them feel better then it is up to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

That is the bandwagon I'm afraid FB. If it makes them feel better then it is up to them. 

Who cares if it is underhand? It's a business, and that ruthless approach is one of the reasons that has made Poole so successful over the years (as much as I hate to admit it).

It's as much Plymouth's fault as it is Poole's if they can't keep hold of a rider. If it was illegal I'm sure Plymouth would have been straight down to their lawyers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Who cares if it is underhand? It's a business, and that ruthless approach is one of the reasons that has made Poole so successful over the years (as much as I hate to admit it).

It's as much Plymouth's fault as it is Poole's if they can't keep hold of a rider. If it was illegal I'm sure Plymouth would have been straight down to their lawyers.

At the end of the day money talks and Poole are in the fortunate position of being able to offer more than most. Good luck to them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, paulboy said:

At the end of the day money talks and Poole are in the fortunate position of being able to offer more than most. Good luck to them.

What 'fortunate position' is that then? Oh yes, being able to guarantee that riders will be paid on time and as per contract! Thats why riders want to ride for Poole.

Shouldn't every club be aiming to do the same?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

The Plymouth 'Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me' Gladiators!!:rofl::nono:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What 'fortunate position' is that then? Oh yes, being able to guarantee that riders will be paid on time and as per contract! Thats why riders want to ride for Poole.

Shouldn't every club be aiming to do the same?!

Poole fans really are a strange bunch. There was no criticism intended, lighten up man lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulboy said:

Poole fans really are a strange bunch. There was no criticism intended, lighten up man lol

So whats this non-critical  'fortunate position' of which you speak??

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So whats this non-critical  'fortunate position' of which you speak??

Of being able "to offer more than most". Literally says it in his post.