British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Do fixtures clash then?

I know nothing about the lad and couldn't care less about Poland so I'm a bit naive

As far as I know the under 24 ekstraliga is a mid week league?? Also Keynan Rew is a brilliant rider and one of the world's top prospects... he would tear the championship apart imo... he'd be an 8 point rider by the end of the season

37 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I know the under 24 ekstraliga is a mid week league?? Also Keynan Rew is a brilliant rider and one of the world's top prospects... he would tear the championship apart imo... he'd be an 8 point rider by the end of the season

U/24 in Poland is a Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Well that would work but surely if he could have ridden for Poole they would have signed in the first place. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it is mostly down to his average. Especially considering most teams have high averaged riders and then really low averaged riders. Also half of his average is from Leicester and there is no Leicester (in this league). That's why I asked what his away average was last season as a guide. 

I can understand fans looking at his scores at Poole and not being sure. But it must be easier to ride Poole as a Poole rider than riding Poole as an away rider, as you have battle the track you might only see once or twice a year and the home team.

According to the programme freom the last home meeting Dan's away average was 4.29

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Rew is not riding for his parent club Leszno in the U24 Lge this season as he did in 2022.

Leszno decided to loan him out to Gdansk Coast in Lge 1 for 2023 to give him more experience against more experienced/better class riders. He is following a similar path to what they did with Jamon Lidsey.

This means racing mainly Sundays so no real clashes with UK Prem or Champ.

Also in a POL interview he stated that besides Ipswich he also wanted to secure a Champ slot (for which he would be a 5 point rider and not 4 only because he has raced in competitive  racing in POL Lge 2 and DK Prem).

I understood it was more a cost issue previously in view of flights/mechanic/equipment/accommodation/workshop  etc as he planned to base himself in POL with I think his POL girlfriend.

You would not have such costs with a Rowe or Kemp or Thompson much as I would like to see Rew at Poole.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
add text
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well that would work but surely if he could have ridden for Poole they would have signed in the first place. 

Wasn't being based in Poland an issue or was that just a rumour. 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wasn't being based in Poland an issue or was that just a rumour. 

No idea I wouldn't have thought being based in Poland being a problem.

• Like 1

I'm sure Rowe had based himself in Poland last season and was happy just to race over there in their league after he lost his team place in both league's over here, dunno where he's gonna be based this coming season tho.

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No idea I wouldn't have thought being based in Poland being a problem.

The cost of flying him in and out might be though.

1 minute ago, kevin bass said:

I'm sure Rowe had based himself in Poland last season and was happy just to race over there in their league after he lost his team place in both league's over here, dunno where he's gonna be based this coming season tho.

I'm confused as I thought we were talking about Rew, but their names are similar! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm confused as I thought we were talking about Rew, but their names are similar! 

What do you expect. This is the BSF  :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

The cost of flying him in and out might be though.

Mentioned Rowe coz he is one the names being banded about along side Kemp and Thompson, i do apologise;)

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Mentioned Rowe coz he is one the names being banded about along side Kemp and Thompson, i do apologise;)

Lol, okay! I thought it was in response to Rew being based in Poland. Though I stick by their names are similar so gets confusing :D

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nobody mentioning Morley any more then?

Not really a suitable replacement. Would definitely place Drew Kemp and Thompson well above Morley. Rew clearly the best option but probably unachievable given the short notice. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I think you are spot on. I expect him to do really well in the Premiership too.

————

As some others have said now, Rew rides for Gdansk in Poland in 2023. They will ride on Saturdays and Sundays mostly I believe.

• Like 1