British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Won’t make one ounce of difference , if it lifts, it’s the Armco that they hit that causes the majority of injuries.

Polyfoam fence doesn't lift

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A double change is still a potential  option according to Danny Ford in today's Speedway Star, as well as a straight replacement for Jack.

If there’s a double change, I hope the rider who loses out is properly compensated, considering there’s no spaces available elsewhere at the moment. Batchelor and Ablitt would no doubt strengthen us.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If there’s a double change, I hope the rider who loses out is properly compensated, considering there’s no spaces available elsewhere at the moment. Batchelor and Ablitt would no doubt strengthen us.

Would it? If that is the case, why not go with that in the first place? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because Batchelor is way better than Thomas and we would always have one decent scoring reserve.

Can't find the averages any more but sure batch is around 7.2? So would need 9.2 to bring in ablett meaning have to be Newman released leaving roynon as your senior reserve all season. If my memory and calculator isn't playing tricks on me lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Can't find the averages any more but sure batch is around 7.2? So would need 9.2 to bring in ablett meaning have to be Newman released leaving roynon as your senior reserve all season. If my memory and calculator isn't playing tricks on me lol

Championship final issue:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/c22_issue_final.pdf

For other Leagues and Seasons go to the "Archive" section in the "More" dropdown on the Main Page of the BSPL site

Edited by StevePark
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Would it? If that is the case, why not go with that in the first place

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because Batchelor is way better than Thomas and we would always have one decent scoring reserve.

Totally agree with Lisa's comment here, if Batchelor & Ablitt are so much stronger than Thomas & Newman why didn't they sign them to start with?

There is very little difference between Thomas, Kemp, Rowe & Dan Thompson so can't understand why Poole would even consider re-thinking the team building strategy they came up with in the winter!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sadly that never happens, a rider can get replaced at the drop of a hat, even if they have upped their average. Whereas a rider who doesn't get paid & want to leave to join another team will get a 28 day ban for "withholding their services"

Speedway contracts certainly seem to favour the clubs over the riders!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Jacks version of events is very different to mr Godfreys statement in today’s speedway star. 
scunny are however changing their air fence to a polyfoam fence like kings lynn Glasgow and Berwick which should be much better than the current air fence. 

Good to hear, the fence is being upgraded obviously there was a problem with the old one as Alcock,gilkes and Thomas prove.

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Would it? If that is the case, why not go with that in the first place? 

I agree Lisa and I think a double change would be wrong,putting a rider out of work and nowhere to go,plus I can't stand Batch, never wanted him in my team and still don't. Also if we got Batch and Ablitt it would mean Kyle out of work who I was really pleased to see back at Poole. It would be awful to put a rider out of work at this stage especially one who has Poole in his blood and someone who no doubt had other offers. It is wrong to even be considered in my view. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Surely Poole are not panicking about final team selection ? :D

We already had our final team selection :(

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We already had our final team selection :(

But you don't now ? (it's just a bit of banter...)

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree Lisa and I think a double change would be wrong,putting a rider out of work and nowhere to go,plus I can't stand Batch, never wanted him in my team and still don't. Also if we got Batch and Ablitt it would mean Kyle out of work who I was really pleased to see back at Poole. It would be awful to put a rider out of work at this stage especially one who has Poole in his blood and someone who no doubt had other offers. It is wrong to even be considered in my view. 

What? Poole putting a rider out of work to make the team stronger? :rofl:

C'mon...we all know that Poole will do whatever it takes to give them the best possible chance of 'winning' ! (quite rightly so IMO!)

If its to be a double change - and I doubt it, but what do I know?! - why is Batch the only option with Ablitt or a 2-pointer??

If its Roynon to be dropped then that gives 8.7 or thereabouts to play with, so Ablitt and anyone upto 6.70 ish could fit.:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1