British Speedway Forum

On 7/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, Pirates Of Poole said:

So looking to the future, who is getting the signature of Ashton Boughen for next season? 

I have a feeling that Ashton may sign for a Premiership club as an asset then be loaned to a CL team for the rest of the season in a similar way that James Pearson is a Belle Vue asset.

There was a lot of talk back in July that Ashton was Birmingham bound this year however after some recent performances the last I heard it was turning into a bit of bidding war on who was prepared to offer the best deal. 

At the start of the season money was not the main objective for him and his family it was what could help further his career more long term hence joining Leicester with free practice when you want and a winning team so pressure is off to develop at own pace .

For 2024 I have heard he is going to Wrocław for U24 and possibly 1st Team so Championship may be more limited if not available Tues,Fri and Sun plus Wednesday if he returns to Slangerup in Denmark 

Edited by flagrag

He will be at Glasgow if rumours are to be believed. He’s based in Norfolk isn’t he? Missed opportunity for Lynn if they don’t sign him as an asset and loan him out 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

He will be at Glasgow if rumours are to be believed. He’s based in Norfolk isn’t he? Missed opportunity for Lynn if they don’t sign him as an asset and loan him out 

Does it matter who gets his registration? The rider will dictate where he will be riding.

• Like 1

The idea of riders being club assets when they ride for multiple clubs and are ostensibly self-employed, is quite possibly the weirdest of speedway concepts.

• Like 4

The asset thing is a load of cobblers. Teams getting transfer ans loan fees shouldn't happen.

As for Boughen, you can't blame him for steering clear of Lynn, the club is a dog's breakfast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, therefused said:

Can't sign a contract until he turns sixteen.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The asset thing is a load of cobblers. Teams getting transfer ans loan fees shouldn't happen.

I'm sure it would be easier for British youngsters to get team places if the asset system wasn't used, or used like in Poland / football. There would be a lot less of clubs flying in Aussies to gain an asset, when they could save air fares by using Brits, with no loan fees to worry about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

well aware of that, he is 16 in a week isn't he?

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Yes everyone knows this there is a few clubs after his signature I'm a glasgow fan & I know tigers are one of them he's said he's busy behind scenes & has big news announcing it shortly on his 16th birthday in coming days I assume so wait & see whoever he signs for good luck to the kid a big talent Watch him go in a few years another Dan Bewley for me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NEIL MIDDLEDITCH live on YouTube @ 7pm tonight

Live chat so you can make comments & ask questions :t:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lbw said:

NEIL MIDDLEDITCH live on YouTube @ 7pm tonight

Live chat so you can make comments & ask questions :t:

When asked about the possibility of Poole in the Premiership, Middlo replied that Matt Ford said last week that at the moment its not financially viable. Possibly some time in the future but definitely not next year!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

When asked about the possibility of Poole in the Premiership, Middlo replied that Matt Ford said last week that at the moment its not financially viable. Possibly some time in the future but definitely not next year!

If the Premiership and Championship format makes it past the AGM , I can only see Oxford and Glasgow making the step up. Whether they are willing to is a different matter.