British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Some things work, somethings don't. With rumours of a 38/39 point team limit, In my opinion there is no way Poole will be able to retain all 3 of this season's heat leaders plus both Cooks

Which one would you let go? 

5 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Which one would you let go? 

Which one??! Be lucky if you can keep 2! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Are Newcastle meetings still to come off averages? Last year East bournes we’re left on until end of season then removed, I think. 

Good point, but with only last ten counting for most riders the Newcy matches will have dropped out already.

37 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

The danger will be with two reserves on low averages, Poole we’re lucky that kemp made it into the main body of the team while Zach was having an off month in July and found himself at 6 for the playoffs and cup. 

if Poole Keep the cooks and the current 3 heat leaders they would need to go for two 2 points at reserve.(based on a 40 point average) Which would be a massive gamble because If they couldn’t put points on their average you would be stuck with a weak 6 and 7 for the entire season.

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Some things work, somethings don't. With rumours of a 38/39 point team limit, In my opinion there is no way Poole will be able to retain all 3 of this season's heat leaders plus both Cooks

This must be the first season that Poole have NEVER made a team change in season. They have been lucky with injuries & persevered with riders off form as replacements not suitable.

Logically one of the heat leaders whose form at their age will regress as opposed to either Cook who are progressive. 

I could see either DK or SW at Oxford or Brummies or SW at Plymouth with his brother. 

Probably they'll ditch Kemp too. 

If a 38 points limit which I think its what it should be max!

1. King
2. Cook
3. Ellis/Andersen
4. Cook
5. Batchelor
6. Ablitt
7. Perry

36 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

If a 38 points limit which I think its what it should be max!

1. King
2. Cook
3. Ellis/Andersen
4. Cook
5. Batchelor
6. Ablitt
7. Perry

Batch? You have to be joking!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not even with your barge pole I would think Lisa-colette…….lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

just looking at average so you could take out Batch and put in Ellis/Andersen

maybe 36 should be the limit and just put a 5.00 in for Batch B)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Not even with your barge pole I would think Lisa-colette…….lol

Haha. I don't have enough patience I'm afraid.:D Now on his Swindon winning the titles days would have had him at Poole in a shot. I'm not sure he is really into the Championship tbh! 

• Like 1

Neither Batch nor Hans would be considered. Too old and no improvement in them.

King

Ben Cook

Lawson

Zach Cook

Abblit

Hume

a n other.

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Neither Batch nor Hans would be considered. Too old and no improvement in them.

King

Ben Cook

Lawson

Zach Cook

Abblit

Hume

a n other.

interesting.

Skidder mentioned how about Newman - He fits if the level were 39 based on his Redcar final GSA.

Always liked him when he rode for Poole. Always thought he would be a bit better than Howarth as proved it around Poole when younger, Shame injuries intervened and probably robbed him of meeting his full potential.

One to mention who was mentioned in the past by me and others and was supposedly considered at one stage - Keynon Rew.

Still only 19 and rode POl Lge 1 mainly with odd ride in POl EXL for Leszno. Never ridden UK so does that qualify for a 4 pointer like other young Aussies who have ridden here for the first time like Pearson/Hook. Chances are he will not be in Leszno starting line up for 2023 which means he would have POl Lge 1 and could be considered for UK ??. Assuming Middlo could board him as he did with the Cooks. Maybe this POL U23 mid week thing could scupper that, but UK would give him good experience on smaller tracks.

Would be an exciting young option if its possible. Maybe the cost is too prohibitive and Newman for sure would probably be a cheaper option living also more locally.

Looks like a longish tail but when you look more closely, all teams would have similar issues to meet 38/39 points anyway.

38 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

interesting.

Skidder mentioned how about Newman - He fits if the level were 39 based on his Redcar final GSA.

Always liked him when he rode for Poole. Always thought he would be a bit better than Howarth as proved it around Poole when younger, Shame injuries intervened and probably robbed him of meeting his full potential.

One to mention who was mentioned in the past by me and others and was supposedly considered at one stage - Keynon Rew.

Still only 19 and rode POl Lge 1 mainly with odd ride in POl EXL for Leszno. Never ridden UK so does that qualify for a 4 pointer like other young Aussies who have ridden here for the first time like Pearson/Hook. Chances are he will not be in Leszno starting line up for 2023 which means he would have POl Lge 1 and could be considered for UK ??. Assuming Middlo could board him as he did with the Cooks. Maybe this POL U23 mid week thing could scupper that, but UK would give him good experience on smaller tracks.

Would be an exciting young option if its possible. Maybe the cost is too prohibitive and Newman for sure would probably be a cheaper option living also more locally.

Looks like a longish tail but when you look more closely, all teams would have similar issues to meet 38/39 points anyway.

Any Aussies with experience in professional league would come in on a 5 not a 4 I believe. Same for Fraser Bowes 

On 10/12/2022 at 5:35 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Denmark top flight only run 12 league fixtures

If the prem in the UK could get to 8 clubs by 2024 maybe 10 clubs by 2025 and just ride home and away once and do away with gimmicks such as pairs or a league cup for the top flight then I am sure UK/Sweden/Denmark could all work together to run Monday-Thursday with some fixture scheduling

Be lucky if there is 10 clubs by 2025 !

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gilkes at Oxford or Poole. 

He likes to move about and if he can regain pre injury form would be a massive asset to anyone to have. 

Complin will be much sought after too. 

• Like 1