British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, PTW said:

Am gutted Danny is not at Poole next season a true Pirate legend,nothing against Steve but I would of chose Danny every day of the week.

As for the next 3 I’m assuming 

plan A is Rew,Zischke and 3.97 rider

plan B is Thomas 4.78,Zischke and upto 4.22  

plan C no idea lol 

Let's hope the management do! ;)

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's hope the management do! ;)

Plan C may we be no further Aussies at all?;)

Zische has ridden no DSL matches as far as I can see. I am pretty sure his Division One matches for Outrup won't count.

So I'm expecting a 4.00 assessment if he comes over.

45 minutes ago, PTW said:

Am gutted Danny is not at Poole next season a true Pirate legend,nothing against Steve but I would of chose Danny every day of the week.

As for the next 3 I’m assuming 

plan A is Rew,Zischke and 3.97 rider

plan B is Thomas 4.78,Zischke and upto 4.22  

plan C no idea lol 

Jack Thomas, Kyle Newman and Adam Roynon

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Jack Thomas is one.

Don't know anything about him,where was he riding last season etc can someone please let me know

4 minutes ago, Essex said:

Don't know anything about him,where was he riding last season etc can someone please let me know

Oxford, Brum in 2021

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I reckon only 12.97 left for 3 riders so if it is Rew (5) and Zischke(4) that leaves 3.97 for the other reserve.

I am  very disappointed Danny won't be back next season and it isn't about the numbers game, they obviously prefer other riders,, probably Steve Worrall, I would prefer Danny king every day of the week.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oxford, Brum in 2021

He only rode a few meetings for Oxford as he broke both his wrists - and then tried to come back too soon. 

Was very hit and miss, but capable of beating almost anyone in this league on his day. Great signing for his average I’d say. I also loved how passionate he was - really celebrated every time he won a race. It clearly meant a lot to him each time. 

Edited by Bojangles

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am  very disappointed Danny won't be back next season and it isn't about the numbers game, they obviously prefer other riders,, probably Steve Worrall, I would prefer Danny king every day of the week.

So am i,thought he was an excellent captain and a very decent bloke not that Steve Worrall isn't but must be a reason Danny was let go as they are both as good as each other on the track and probably on the same money.Maybe money was the deciding factor we'll never know or maybe some scribes on here who seem to be well informed,someone can't remember who said Danny was going to I think Redcar a few pages ago or then Birmingham will give us the answer still rest assured the Ford's will put together a top team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Essex said:

So am i,thought he was an excellent captain and a very decent bloke not that Steve Worrall isn't but must be a reason Danny was let go as they are both as good as each other on the track and probably on the same money.Maybe money was the deciding factor we'll never know or maybe some scribes on here who seem to be well informed,someone can't remember who said Danny was going to I think Redcar a few pages ago or then Birmingham will give us the answer still rest assured the Ford's will put together a top team.

Scoring wise his away performance was below both Steve and Richie. With the reduction in points one had to go and they have decided Danny wasn’t who they wanted. 

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Scoring wise his away performance was below both Steve and Richie. With the reduction in points one had to go and they have decided Danny wasn’t who they wanted. 

That seems a good theory why he was let go it's away you need your big guns scoring as at home your second string and reserves can be the difference thanks for that info.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Let’s be honest. Other teams aspire to win a fraction of the trophies Poole have won in the Ford era. Glasgow even tried to buy most of the previous seasons Poole team but failed miserably.

There’s much more to it than just putting together a decent looking side. Last season proved it. When it came down to the playoffs and end of season action no one else was even close. 

The bad news for the rest is that in 2023, it’s all going to be so familiar with Pirates romping it when it matters.

Sad to see Danny King move on. Served us very well in his time with us. He must be gutted but with the low points limit we could never keep all three heat leaders. Good luck to him with his future club.

Oxford's team selection have shown Poole COULD have kept their top 3. But must have decided to go with more strength in depth!

Have to disagree with the headline "Numbers force Danny to move on" Poole had to drop ONE of their top 6, they weren't "forced" to release King, they chose to realise King.

But articles obviously get more views with "sensational" headlines!

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford's team selection have shown Poole COULD have kept their top 3. But must have decided to go with more strength in depth!