British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He is also near unbeatable at his new home track next year.

Leicester? 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Leicester? 

Exactly.

I see that young Zischke was a little unlucky but rode quite well in the Queensland State Champ earlier today.

Speedway News PL reported the following regarding his efforts.

However, Tate Zischke can talk about a lot of bad luck. The recently crowned Australian Junior runner -up in the second series of heats miscounted the laps. Therefore, from the three points next to his name, we wrote down only "one" and from the last qualifying place he advanced to the B final.

Finished second in the B Final to Zane Kennedy but beat both Keleher and Hook.Just needs to refine his lap counting skills ;). May well have cost him a place in the A Final. Still looks a rising star at 17 I believe.

Queensland State Championships at Bowen:

1. Ryan Douglas (3,3,3,3,3) 15+ 1st A-Final
2. Declan Kennedy (3,3,1,3,2) 12+ 2nd A-Final
3. Kozza Smith (3,3,3,2,1) 12+ A-final defect
4. Zaine Kennedy (2,D,3,3,3) 11+ 1st place B+W A-final
5. Tate Zischke (1 ,1,2,2,3) 9+ 2nd B-Final
6. Jacob Hook (2,2,1,3,2) 10+ 3rd B-Final
7. Zane Keleher (2,3,2 ,2,3) 12+ 4th B-final
8. Bradley Page (0,2,3,1,1) 7
9. Cordell Rogerson (0,2,2,1,2) 7
10. Flynn Nicol ( 0,1,2,2¸1) 6
11. Matthew Day (1,2,W,1,2) 6
12. Broc Hall (3.0 ̦D,1.0) 4
13. Riley Campbell (1.1 ,1.D,W) 3
14. Jacob Samwell (2,W,0,0,0) 2

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I see that young Zischke was a little unlucky but rode quite well in the Queensland State Champ earlier today.

However, Tate Zischke can talk about a lot of bad luck. The recently crowned Australian Junior runner -up in the second series of heats miscounted the laps. Therefore, from the three points next to his name, we wrote down only "one" and from the last qualifying place he advanced to the B final.

Finished second in the B Final to Zane Kennedy but beat both Keleher and Hook.Just needs to refine his lap counting skills ;). May well have cost him a place in the A Final. Still looks a rising star at 17 I believe.

Along with Rew, Tate won’t be at Poole 

6 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Along with Rew, Tate won’t be at Poole 

Based on what info ??. 

Well informed source or just an opinion ??

17 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not being disrespectful but if you took Ryan Douglas out of that field it would be a poor NDL Track individual at best and barely Amateur level at Scunny or Redcar. 

I'd take Rob Hollingworth to have made the B Final. 

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Based on what info ??. 

Well informed source or just an opinion ??

All will become clear, but sadly they won’t be at Poole.

23 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

One further north perhaps.

35 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

If that is the case then I can only think it will be down to the cost cutting as a result of our drop down into Champ.

Rew flying in and out has a cost associated and maybe also lodging racks up costs.

Zischke certainly has a cost associated to him as a 17 year old requiring lodging - equipment - sponsorship - transport etc.

Maybe Poole want to avoid all of these kind of costs and we know the Cook's have tied up Middlo's place which used to be the haven for young Aussies like kurtz/Ward back in the Prem days.

If they are both not in our team then I question what Danny's idea of his Dream Team is ??.

I await with eager anticipation for the all to become clear comments and the why.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Wrongly aged Zischke at 117 :-)

If Tate  Zischke doesn't finish in top 3 of a state championship to qualify for a visa  he won’t be going anywhere 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Kozza :D

Didn't think Kozza was still riding and after checking he's still only 34 so not to old for a comeback:)

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

If Tate  Zischke doesn't finish in top 3 of a state championship to qualify for a visa  he won’t be going anywhere 

Does Aussie U21 not qualify then ??

Have the likes of Pearson & Hook managed to achieve then ? Pearson was only 16 when he arrived start of last season and Hook was only 19.

40 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not being disrespectful but if you took Ryan Douglas out of that field it would be a poor NDL Track individual at best and barely Amateur level at Scunny or Redcar. 

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but that is quite disrespectful to those in 2nd-7th. Haven't heard of those from 8th downwards but the top seven are a million miles above amateur level.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

That lad is only 17 and has received rave reviews from Darcy Ward who said he reminds him of a young Darcy at the same age.

He has in the last few weeks regularly beaten Pearson & Hook and won the NSW U21 Championship. He has an exciting style and his performance in the Aussie U21 Champ was impressive and only Rew who was probably riding his 2022 POL tuned engines who beat him in the final.

Personally from what I have seen of his riding he has all the signs of an exciting one for the future.

But we can all have an opinion ;)

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Typos