British Speedway Forum

I noticed we have new white board fence along the straights, also in the star it says Rob is getting a polyfoam fence to replace the air fence. It might be a good move because riders don't go under them.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:07 PM, IronScorpion said:

There is a supporter who went out of his way to source polo shirts(£10) & hoodies(£15) with a Scunthorpe Scorpions emblem on the front. I mentioned it on here on a meeting towards the end of the season. We can be found in & in front of the 4th bend stand.

Yes I got a couple of him good quality & design 

It is nice to see some of our riders competing in pre-season meetings to brush off the cobwebs, get match sharp & iron out any problems with using new gear. It is an area I have thought over many years that our riders do not do enough of.

Also, hopefully, more beneficial is that most of our riders are doubling up with Premiership rides but that also brings the risk of injury with more meetings. Joe T is even doing all 3 leagues.

Nice to see Scunthorps new race suits the blue and black look very smart. Thanks to the Speedway Star for the photo. ( This weeks mag. bottom of page 3).

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2023 at 10:40 PM, eric i said:

I noticed we have new white board fence along the straights, also in the star it says Rob is getting a polyfoam fence to replace the air fence. It might be a good move because riders don't go under them.

I have, also, seen a photo & the boards look higher than before. I am sure that I have seen that Workington have bought our air fence as it has a couple of more years left of its use ( I think 5 years is the period of use before being tested for further use).

I hope the weather forecast changes for the end of next week as it has rain non stop from Thursday night through all day Friday, P & P. (Metcheck, there are others available).

Hi, can anyone tell me if admission this year, will be cash, card or either?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Thanks 

Probably either, in business cash is king-easier to keep from the tax man;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RS50 said:

Thanks 

Id imagine it’ll be cash only

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Press & practice now on Sunday (April 2nd) at 4.30pm.

I thought that the weather forecast might defeat us, as I posted above, but as Rob has posted, now on Sunday. The sun should be out but could be chilly.

Now that it is out in the SS, I can now say that a few of us supporters, on here & not, have known about the situation with Zaine since Sunday/Monday but felt it was right for the club to announce something. Finding another rider, even at this late stage is difficult, but we did not want to alarm supporters or let others know who we are chasing as a temporary replacement.

Good luck Zaine on your recovery programme & hoping to still see you in the Scorpion colours.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

I thought that the weather forecast might defeat us, as I posted above, but as Rob has posted, now on Sunday. The sun should be out but could be chilly.

Now that it is out in the SS, I can now say that a few of us supporters, on here & not, have known about the situation with Zaine since Sunday/Monday but felt it was right for the club to announce something. Finding another rider, even at this late stage is difficult, but we did not want to alarm supporters or let others know who we are chasing as a temporary replacement.

Good luck Zaine on your recovery programme & hoping to still see you in the Scorpion colours.

So what has happened to Zaine. Bad news for us at this late stage, who is still out there to replace him???

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

So what has happened to Zaine. Bad news for us at this late stage, who is still out there to replace him???

Sounds like he had a mountain bike accident.

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Pijper or clegg off top of my head?

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Pijper or clegg off top of my head?

Is Kemp too high as Scunny one of his better tracks