British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, eric i said:

Is Josh MacDonald in the country?

We should have got Zaine to do an Edward Kennet, do 1lap and pull out through injury gives Scunny the option of using guests.

I’m sure as Zaine is a reserve and was in a declared 7 riders and approved by the BSPA the Scorpions will be able to get a reserve guest upto his average

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m sure as Zaine is a reserve and was in a declared 7 riders and approved by the BSPA the Scorpions will be able to get a reserve guest upto his average

They are meant to have ridden at least one meeting before you can do that. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Yeah I noticed that he was declared as well

22 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They are meant to have ridden at least one meeting before you can do that. 

It has happened in previous years in that he is not new to the team having ridden in 2022, guests may be applicable but who knows with the rule changes & interpretations, especially with a good solicitor.

No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a redeclaration has not made an appearance for that team since being redeclared.

a)           A team may utilise a facility to cover the absence of a rider(s) who has been approved in a teams declared 1-7 at the start of the  season, a 28 day facility may be granted at the BSPA Directors  discretion.  In the NDL this only applies if the rider was in that  teams 1-7 at the close of the previous season.

The rules are badly worded

Edited by eric i

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a redeclaration has not made an appearance for that team since being redeclared.

a)           A team may utilise a facility to cover the absence of a rider(s) who has been approved in a teams declared 1-7 at the start of the  season, a 28 day facility may be granted at the BSPA Directors  discretion.  In the NDL this only applies if the rider was in that  teams 1-7 at the close of the previous season.

The rules are badly worded

Presumably would be allowed a guest up to 0.75 as Glasgow and Poole were in 2021 for Novak and the Czech?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Presumably would be allowed a guest up to 0.75 as Glasgow and Poole were in 2021 for Novak and the Czech?

And who would that be?? A fan? ;)

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And who would that be?? A fan? ;)

0.75 of Kennedy's average

Am sure Mr Godfrey will sort some rule to suit his needs !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its a real kick in the teeth is this so late on and very little leeway to bring in anyone that could be expected to do the job Zaine would do.

We just seem jinxed to me, always something that upsets the apple cart and has us making up the numbers. 

Completely mucks up the team, as we will be weaker at reserve. Whole idea was with Zaine at reserve he would be able to get into the 1-5 and then we would still end up with a strong reserve if say Lambo dropped into reserve for a spell. Now having a reserve likely to challenge the 1-5 looks unlikely.

I think Rob needs to be entirely honest with himself and us about this. IF Zaine is going to be 100% fit in the next 8 weeks he might be worth waiting for. But if not much as it pains me to say it we need to find a replacement that is up to the job and not just someone to make up the numbers. 

Seems few options out there with a 4.39 average that could offer what Zaine could do. I rate another Aussie Zain Kelleher who had a stint with Poole & Plymouth in 2021. Very dedicated motorcyclist, I think Plymouth approached him for this season. Might be worth a phone call even at this late stage. 

Any which way its a real downer  and throws a damper on things just when we looked set up good and proper for a real go this season. 

Edited by the outsider

2 hours ago, the outsider said:

Its a real kick in the teeth is this so late on and very little leeway to bring in anyone that could be expected to do the job Zaine would do.

We just seem jinxed to me, always something that upsets the apple cart and has us making up the numbers. 

Completely mucks up the team, as we will be weaker at reserve. Whole idea was with Zaine at reserve he would be able to get into the 1-5 and then we would still end up with a strong reserve if say Lambo dropped into reserve for a spell. Now having a reserve likely to challenge the 1-5 looks unlikely.

I think Rob needs to be entirely honest with himself and us about this. IF Zaine is going to be 100% fit in the next 8 weeks he might be worth waiting for. But if not much as it pains me to say it we need to find a replacement that is up to the job and not just someone to make up the numbers. 

Seems few options out there with a 4.39 average that could offer what Zaine could do. I rate another Aussie Zain Kelleher who had a stint with Poole & Plymouth in 2021. Very dedicated motorcyclist, I think Plymouth approached him for this season. Might be worth a phone call even at this late stage. 

Any which way its a real downer  and throws a damper on things just when we looked set up good and proper for a real go this season. 

Personally think that Zaine Kennedy and Joe Thompson was one of the strongest reserve pairings in the league, and if you can replace Zaine with someone like Josh MacDonald or Dillon Ruml, you're still very strong...

wonder if Fraser Bowes would be available? or Bastian Borke?

20 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Personally think that Zaine Kennedy and Joe Thompson was one of the strongest reserve pairings in the league, and if you can replace Zaine with someone like Josh MacDonald or Dillon Ruml, you're still very strong...

Ruml's average is far too high. I'd go for Theo Pijper first, then Josh MacDonald.

Just realised confirmed signings post has the wrong team total, so Theo doesn't fit!

Edited by szkocjasid
Grammer