British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I spoke to Simon Lambert on Wednesday about Kemp and he wasn’t very flattering in his opinion. Pretty sure a few home truths could be said in the next few weeks. Lambert is pretty straight talking.

unless you know the issues it might be worth keeping quiet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

unless you know the issues it might be worth keeping quiet

I guess Simon isnt best mates with Drew

45 minutes ago, archie21 said:

So Rob didnt manage to influence H M P and get Jason G out on day release , still there is always next year !

May as well get jerran hart at the same time and call us the Scunthorpe convicts instead of scorpions 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Hes been out ages

Didn't he get 7 years  6 months in Oct 2020?. So only did about 2.5 years .. I thought it was half sentence for good behaviour :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, foreverblue said:

I guess Simon isnt best mates with Drew

no idea, but i would wait and see how things go before anybody has a dig anywhere

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well hope he was told  2 words!! First begins with f.

Freedom.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stevehone said:

no idea, but i would wait and see how things go before anybody has a dig anywhere

Have always supported Drew Kemp, that was until the playoff final at KL where he acted terribly. A southern club were after him very recently but his demands were off the scale.

I he has genuine issues, then perhaps he shouldn’t be riding? I wish him the best. He certainly has ability.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have always supported Drew Kemp, that was until the playoff final at KL where he acted terribly. A southern club were after him very recently but his demands were off the scale.

I he has genuine issues, then perhaps he shouldn’t be riding? I wish him the best. He certainly has ability.

at KL he was seriously pissed off with himself for not scoring what he hoped for, maybe he puts too much pressure on himself as do many people.

he definitely has the ability, but someone knocking him down before he's ridden for a team is not necessarily the way to go about things

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

I think Poole fans are entitled to have a dig the way he acted last season in the play offs. If he has genuine issues then they should be aired so we all understand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I think Poole fans are entitled to have a dig the way he acted last season in the play offs. If he has genuine issues then they should be aired so we all understand.

see above

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Well done to Nathan Ablitt on his 3rd place in the U21's up at Workington.

He rode well, looked fast. 

• Like 2

You can be pissed off with your own performance, but we won the title. It was definitely time to put personal disappointments to one side and celebrate with the rest of the team, rather than sulk in the pits when the other 6 are chucking champagne about. Danny and Steve W had to go and drag him out when he should have been there for the team and fans rather than skulking. 

It certainly angered Danny Ford. And antics like that might have cost Drew a team place in this years lineup.

• Like 2

But regardless of that, I wish him success in his career. He is capable of doing very well given the right guidance.

• Like 1

I dont think Simon likes the idea of riders saying.."yes i will come but i want this this and this".. this was our problem early on when trying to replace ZT. They wanted the earth to come and they were only going to be a championship reserve... Nick Scorja on the other hand wanted to come so his demands were probably less ut unfortunatly visa issues meant it was a no go so looks like Rob has bit the bullit and payed what Drew asked?, 

8 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

I dont think Simon likes the idea of riders saying.."yes i will come but i want this this and this".. this was our problem early on when trying to replace ZT. They wanted the earth to come and they were only going to be a championship reserve... Nick Scorja on the other hand wanted to come so his demands were probably less ut unfortunatly visa issues meant it was a no go so looks like Rob has bit the bullit and payed what Drew asked?, 

What the 10 grand? More likely Poland told him to ride in UK to keep match fitness up whilst he has 5 week break imo.

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah too right. Not cheap to go to KL. See the least he can do is look like he wants to celebrate a title win. Looked a bit awkward to me. 

• Like 1