British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Will see by what bikes he turns up with at the first meeting? Lets face it Godfather ain't really making good decisions thus far..... 

I hope he brings a Polish engine with him. :t:

I don’t know why Rob Godfrey gets a bad press 

Scunny made two changes to the side , the rider they brought in scored 5 pts iN 5 meetings so he made another change and I’ll guarantee the other 8 promoters in the league would have done exactly the same 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I doubt Godfrey will have actually ended up paying him 10k signing on fee 

21 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Godfrey has always stuck to his beliefs in that .....  "if you want to ride for Scunthorpe, this is what I pay & on time". This is why, I feel that, when we have guests they ride for us & not race for us.

I can not remember who said that Drew had asked for a 10k signing on fee or 2 bikes but Rob would not do that, never mind how desperate he is.

I think Poland have decided it is okay when he is on a break. Be interesting to see if he stays at Scunny when he is back riding for his Polish team. 

I was surprised that he, & Dougy, have a 5 week break then I checked the Polish fixture to find free weeks & 2 bye weeks because of the odd number of teams. Signed for 28 days so we will have to find out what Drew, Rob & the Poles want to do next. It might benefit all parties.

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think Poland have decided it is okay when he is on a break. Be interesting to see if he stays at Scunny when he is back riding for his Polish team. 

Poland have decided its OK?

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Poland have decided its OK?

That is what I think anyway. Funny how he signs soon as there is a break but not before. And Poland not going to want him to be sitting around. Him getting meetings in UK in 5 week break keeps his match fitness up and benefits them. 

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That is what I think anyway. Funny how he signs soon as there is a break but not before. And Poland not going to want him to be sitting around. Him getting meetings in UK in 5 week break keeps his match fitness up and benefits them. 

Maybe but Poland don't 'allow' or prevent a British rider from riding in their own county's league(s). Maybe they discouraged it and he was to weak to argue.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe but Poland don't 'allow' or prevent a British rider from riding in their own county's league(s). Maybe they discouraged it and he was to weak to argue.

Poland will 'allow' or 'disallow' depending on the size of the financial threat!!

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poland will 'allow' or 'disallow' depending on the size of the financial threat!!

In other words he would have been too weak to call their bluff.

In any case I'd have thought it would be in their interests for him to be racing more often than once a week. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In other words he would have been too weak to call their bluff.

In any case I'd have thought it would be in their interests for him to be racing more often than once a week. 

What bluff? Your not talking about a GP rider here… id imagine that after they finished laughing at him they would move on pretty quickly 

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Will see by what bikes he turns up with at the first meeting? Lets face it Godfather ain't really making good decisions thus far..... 

Well he asked if I’d go with him to pick his bikes up so it’s his Polish ones

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

What bluff? Your not talking about a GP rider here… id imagine that after they finished laughing at him they would move on pretty quickly 

He's scored pretty well in Poland so far, they aren't going to sack him if he wants to race in his own country. I suspect he wasn't particularly bothered rather than they insisted that he didn't anyway. 

51 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Well he asked if I’d go with him to pick his bikes up so it’s his Polish ones

So the deal works until the bikes need to be back in Poland.....

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

So the deal works until the bikes need to be back in Poland.....

Which will be July 1st as that when his next polish meeting is. 

So if he was putting together stuff over here, people would say it’ll be a heap of crap, why can’t he use his Polish bikes .. he is using his Polish bikes and he’s not interested in staying.

he can’t win

• Like 1