British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, mac101 said:

that’s why some teams announce riders pretty quickly ,until then there’s a chance they  can be persuaded away for a few dollars more  to move south yes they had broc nicol there until there #1 decided to go somewhere else and left broc without a team dew to points limit after having told another team he was sorted for next year now has no team at the moment 

Well can't have been Craig Cook then as his average works out same as Riss after British reduction. So wouldn't need to change anyone? 

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well can't have been Craig Cook then as his average works out same as Riss after British reduction. So wouldn't need to change anyone? 

was one of their riders that changed their minds and had to make couple of changes 

Edited by mac101

23 minutes ago, mac101 said:

was one of their riders that changed their minds and had to make couple of changes 

Jenkins.

Decent team especially with the HL trio who will score at all tracks. Normally that would mean a weak back end but not in this case. Hume is good value for his average, and it could be helpful his relationship with Danny K from Ipswich. Shanes should do OK especially on big tracks and the home track, whilst Edwards is a known quantity and is on a upward path. Don't understand the criticism about Mulford as, with me following the Colts last year, I know he has fast engines, rides big tracks well and after say a poor first ride on small tracks he will turn it around and finish well.  

Decent side and will do well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Any team with King, Wright and Riss as a top three will do OK.

That's what you call 3 heat leaders 

24 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Decent team especially with the HL trio who will score at all tracks. Normally that would mean a weak back end but not in this case. Hume is good value for his average, and it could be helpful his relationship with Danny K from Ipswich. Shanes should do OK especially on big tracks and the home track, whilst Edwards is a known quantity and is on a upward path. Don't understand the criticism about Mulford as, with me following the Colts last year, I know he has fast engines, rides big tracks well and after say a poor first ride on small tracks he will turn it around and finish well.  

Decent side and will do well. 

Agree It’s decent side.

Like others have said it’s a decent team with solid heat leaders and a few younger lads who will hopefully improve (which is one of the pleasures of watching speedway). 

Question mark over Shanes but I’m willing to give him a chance and if he can chip in with the odd heat win from number 2 then all well and good.

Looking forward to watching this team and another season of excellent racing at Redcar.

• Like 1

I have been around Speedway for over 40 years now and I honestly don’t know how rider contracts, assets work etc but I thought( may be wrong) Jordan Jenkins was a Redcar asset? If that is the case could Redcar not of stopped him going anywhere else and said to him “ Your our asset we want to and are going to use you next season” Like I said I haven’t a clue how this side of speedway works and I also understand why keep a rider if he is going to be unhappy and upset the team spirit 

10 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

I have been around Speedway for over 40 years now and I honestly don’t know how rider contracts, assets work etc but I thought( may be wrong) Jordan Jenkins was a Redcar asset? If that is the case could Redcar not of stopped him going anywhere else and said to him “ Your our asset we want to and are going to use you next season” Like I said I haven’t a clue how this side of speedway works and I also understand why keep a rider if he is going to be unhappy and upset the team spirit 

The whole 'assets things' probably doesn't hold much water, but a suppose it makes things 'look' a bit official?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

Hes had about 4-5 seasons at Birmingham won't be any improvement, he's more suited to grass and longtrack 

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Had about 4 or 5 years worth of chances.

Only reason he's at Redcar is because they couldn't get anyone else. Jamie basically said the No.2 spot has been a nightmare for them after another club stole the planned No.2 from them.

So what if Shanes has been a 4.7-5.2 rider for the last 4 or 5 years? Not everyone can become a heat leader!

For every youngster that improves someone else has to drop their average & Shanes has been able to keep pretty consistent!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

Basically riders are self employed mercenaries and will go for the best deal for them which is probably fair enough.

The only positives in having assets is you receive a loan fee and the value of the rider is offset on your BSPL bond.

• Like 4

Decent side put together from the management & promotion so I'll definitely be making a few trips down the A19 & then onto the A66

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So what if Shanes has been a 4.7-5.2 rider for the last 4 or 5 years? Not everyone can become a heat leader!

For every youngster that improves someone else has to drop their average & Shanes has been able to keep pretty consistent!

I never said there was anything wrong with it I only said won't be any improvement, I agree there needs to all types of riders, I just dont rate him he's a great grasstrack/longtracker tho that's just my opinion 

My biggest worry about James Shane’s is his own confession that he wasn’t fully fit and was going to give 2023 a miss on the speedway to get his body right again. Think it was a Speedway Star report a few weeks back. That could come back to bite both James & Redcar. Hope it’s not a repeat of Adam Roynon last year. Fingers crossed all is good. 

• Like 2