British Speedway Forum

Just now, mikebaker said:

Sedgman has already guested for us earlier in season. While Riss was out. Personally, wouldn't don a Bears race jacket again. Remember his attitude back in 2012. When he rode for us. Howarth far better option, if fit. A racer. Not a gating tart. That Sedgman is.

Very true on the racer front. So long as fit enough after fall on Friday. 

Apparently Howarth could only ride in our home meetings with the 5%average increase, he is to high to use in away matches. 

Couldnt we do a Glasgow, and sign a 5 point unknown superstar who rides off the same assessed average in ALL leagues, ??????

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Very true on the racer front. So long as fit enough after fall on Friday. 

i would think redcar will use RORY SCHLEIN as wrights guest..... hes best available.

51 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Couldnt we do a Glasgow, and sign a 5 point unknown superstar who rides off the same assessed average in ALL leagues, ??????

you could have ..... he was available for everyone in the championship...... if ur not fast ur last .  lol.

• Haha 1

Could we use use Keynan Rew. He was under consideration for the Poole away match I think. 

1 hour ago, Coraldon said:

You could have, before his average changed & before the transfer cut-off date

1 hour ago, tigger63 said:

i would think redcar will use RORY SCHLEIN as wrights guest..... hes best available.

I agree, Schlein the best option imo

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

You could have, before his average changed & before the transfer cut-off date

In theory yes, but would have meant dumping a rider whereas Glasgow had a space to fill in their team. Sometimes you have to be “lucky” with how situations arise.

Also not sure Redcar have the financial clout of Glasgow to make it happen.

Bears were always 3rd favourites in their Play off group, the injury to Charles makes it even less likely now.

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

In theory yes, but would have meant dumping a rider whereas Glasgow had a space to fill in their team. Sometimes you have to be “lucky” with how situations arise.

Also not sure Redcar have the financial clout of Glasgow to make it happen.

Bears were always 3rd favourites in their Play off group, the injury to Charles makes it even less likely now.

Scunthorpe vs Redcar final

It's a funny old game

• Haha 1

Wright or someone else was always going to end up having a bad one, with his over aggressive riding style. Hope his recovery goes well.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, szkocjasid said:

I agree, Schlein the best option imo

Won't be if tracks are wet and iffy ,