British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Zander said:

A 4 point aussie plenty out there 

But not many as talented as Hook and Pearson and look at their GSAs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zander said:

That have never ridden in the UK before? When we already have an inexperienced number 7 who needs to have a zero pressure position to allow him to flourish.

two inexperienced (at championship level) at reserve would’ve been a big risk.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

That have never ridden in the UK before? When we already have an inexperienced number 7 who needs to have a zero pressure position to allow him to flourish.

two inexperienced (at championship level) at reserve would’ve been a big risk.

Absolutely, Complin is a risk too but much less so than someone brand new to the UK. You just get the feeling that he is bound to improve on 2022 having had a season back to bed in again and with better equipment and a lighter body to work with. His main attribute is his experience.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zander said:

The question was directed at someone else but since you’ve answered, there are very few rookie Aussies who are up to Championship standard other than Zischke and the others already signed elsewhere. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

The question was directed at someone else but since you’ve answered, there are very few rookie Aussies who are up to Championship standard other than Zischke and the others already signed elsewhere. 

Have we not got just over 5 left for the final rider a Vissing type rider I assumed.

So far the Glasgow team look box office, will definitely put numbers on attendances wherever they go. Vissing final rider will be a good signing also. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zander said:

Bit risky effectively having two rookies in the team.

The leagues could well be decides by the reserves and/or new faces this year and there is little point in building a strong top end if the lower end is going to haemorrhage points.

I think Oxford may well be a good example of that and equally depending on who Glasgow name as their 7th rider we could be in the same boat.

In an ideal world you want your s/s to be able to beat visiting h/ls occasionally and equally your reserves to be capable of beating visiting s/s.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

The leagues could well be decides by the reserves and/or new faces this year and there is little point in building a strong top end if the lower end is going to haemorrhage points.

I think Oxford may well be a good example of that and equally depending on who Glasgow name as their 7th rider we could be in the same boat.

In an ideal world you want your s/s to be able to beat visiting h/ls occasionally and equally your reserves to be capable of beating visiting s/s.

Agree,I also think you need 1 decent reserve that can score big away.Glasgow beat a few Teams at home because their reserves were very good at home.Their Heat leaders could be a bit hit or miss on the night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,I also think you need 1 decent reserve that can score big away.Glasgow beat a few Teams at home because their reserves were very good at home.Their Heat leaders could be a bit hit or miss on the night.

Mason Campton  (2018) you had him at one point , then sold him to Wucky . team looks okay tho . as have all the other teams put together by s.t.c. ....

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Have we not got just over 5 left for the final rider a Vissing type rider I assumed.

Correct……. but someone was saying that they would prefer a 4 point rookie Aussie over Complin. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Completely agree, the common theme seems to be 4 pointer at 6, 2 pointer at 7.

Oxford going two x 2 pointers means if they make their average , the rest of the team need to average 2.1 per heat, loosely translated as Kerr and Masters have to maintain there average and then some to carry the team.

Will be interesting come September to see which was the right way to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Completely agree, the common theme seems to be 4 pointer at 6, 2 pointer at 7.

Oxford going two x 2 pointers means if they make their average , the rest of the team need to average 2.1 per heat, loosely translated as Kerr and Masters have to maintain there average and then some to carry the team.

Will be interesting come September to see which was the right way to go.

I would suggest Oxford build their team on the basis of Atkins & Killeen upping their starting averages & not depending on the top 5 winning matches on their own. Personally I think they are amongst the weaker 2.00 riders & that Oxford will struggle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I would just say having a look across the league this season were there any two pointers that improved ? 

Edwards would be the obvious one

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I would just say having a look across the league this season were there any two pointers that improved ? 

The Thompsons,Jordan Jenkins.