British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

No one thought I was right. Just saying :t:

No plenty of us did, just hoped it wouldn't be so.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

No one thought I was right. Just saying :t:

Come on don't do a gating tart on us... You're better than that

• Haha 2

Great, solid looking side that is full of racers and like our Ashfield track! Bring on the 2023 season. I guess the riding order will be something along the lines of below, with plenty of flexibility between 2, 3 and 4 depending on who is on form + tracks.....

1. Harris 8.75

2. Nowak 5

3. Brennan 6.71

4. Vissing 5

5. Basso 8.52

6. Complin 4

7. Pijper 2

• Like 1

That’s a brilliant team on paper as for vissing he’s either going to be brilliant or absolute rubbish depends if he throws his toys out of his Pram early doors or not.

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

That’s a brilliant team on paper as for vissing he’s either going to be brilliant or absolute rubbish depends if he throws his toys out of his Pram early doors or not.

Never had problems with him at Ashfield AFAIK. Always seems well settled here. Great signing. 

• Like 1

Team to beat imo.

Brilliant side.

30 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Scunny:

Jake Allen had a poor year coming back from injury in 2021

MPT coming back from shoulder issues

Simon Lambert really only good at Scunthorpe 

Zaine 2 seasons as 4pt reserve and it was a horrific crash that finished his season. Will it effect him round there?

You given it way more thought than I have! My train of thought is they should be good for X amount of points. I haven't even considered team spirit yet :D

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

In your opinion! Still think Scunny stronger 1-7. 

Of course it's my opinion, that's why I posted it :D

Scunny are dark horses for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Me to they look good 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

For dark horses don't rule out Plymouth, they've gained 2 top 10 riders in Richie Worrall and Kyle Howarth, and with Ben Barker that's 3 strong heat leaders and they will be pretty much unbeatable at home. And away, with those riders plus Dan Gilkes etc they're going to run a few teams close. 

Glasgow, Redcar and Poole will be the teams to beat I fancy. 

• Like 3

Really strong team, think Glasgow look the strongest by far, and unless Poole pull a rabbit out of the hat, they WILL be the strongest. Personally for the line up I'd go with something a little different, split the bigger hitters across more races. Still strong in heat 13 with Brennan and Bomber. Basso at 4 will be a trump card, heat 14 in particular.

1. Chris Harris

2. Marcin Nowak

3. Claus Vissing

4. Ben Basso

5. Tom Brennan

6. Lee Complin

7. Ace Pijper

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Really strong team, think Glasgow look the strongest by far, and unless Poole pull a rabbit out of the hat, they WILL be the strongest. Personally for the line up I'd go with something a little different, split the bigger hitters across more races. Still strong in heat 13 with Brennan and Bomber. Basso at 4 will be a trump card, heat 14 in particular.

1. Chris Harris

2. Marcin Nowak

3. Claus Vissing

4. Ben Basso

5. Tom Brennan

6. Lee Complin

7. Ace Pijper

Yes strong team definitely, no rabbits being pulled out of a hat at Poole. Weak link could be at reserve which maybe a strength of the  Poole team but overall look title favourites to me.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Yes strong team definitely, no rabbits being pulled out of a hat at Poole. Weak link could be at reserve which maybe a strength of the  Poole team but overall look title favourites to me.

Yes, I'm not 100% convinced with the reserves, but the top 5 look amazing, no weak links anywhere. I wonder if an Aussie 4.00er was the original plan for Glasgow or whether it was always Lee? I like Lee, but he just doesn't seem like a 'Glasgow signing' for me, if that makes sense...

Bangin' top5 and intrigue at reserve. Should be good.

I would definitely put Basso at 5 ahead of Tom though. I'd say Tom at 3, Claus at 4, Marcin at 2, initially.

• Like 1