British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Spartan is such a lovely word!

Isn't that something to do with that famous Greek bloke Gerard Butler? 

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Isn't that something to do with that famous Greek bloke Gerard Butler? 

Top Paisley man is Gerard was in Gabriel’s a couple of years back when he appeared for a pint out the blue and bought the whole pub a drink.

Never forgets his roots unlike Paolo Nutini who wouldn’t give you the time of day when out and about.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 8:10 PM, Gazc said:

Top Paisley man is Gerard was in Gabriel’s a couple of years back when he appeared for a pint out the blue and bought the whole pub a drink.

Never forgets his roots unlike Paolo Nutini who wouldn’t give you the time of day when out and about.

Very true. The last time i was in Paisley Paolo Nutini came out of a side street and kicked me in the shin and ran away laughing whilst shouting "i'm a ruddy superstar, who's going to believe you, you peasant!"

He looked a bit like Paolo but it was dark and i'd had a few jars so i can't be 100% sure of what i saw or what i heard but i'm 98.77% sure that it was him.

• Haha 1

The Old Firm has been confirmed as Saturday 8 April now, and the Edinburgh fixture at Ashfield has been clarified as Sunday 9 April, as expected. Glasgow's website has been updated, but not the British Speedway website. Time not publicly confirmed, but I'd guess it would be 15:00.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Ace Pijper taken to hospital in France after nasty crash in French league match- Theo looks as if he pulled out of the meeting to be with him.

Hope it's not to serious 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Ace Pijper taken to hospital in France after nasty crash in French league match- Theo looks as if he pulled out of the meeting to be with him.

Good news  regarding Ace Pijper  he has now been released from hospital and although very battered and bruised, nothing is broken.

• Like 9

Seen some photos of the BSN launch, found it very unusual for the Glasgow pair not to have team suits, only one wearing them. And not even any body colours!!

Which for a high profile league launch I find it very strange, has Glasgow lost the normal PR team/person they had ??

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Seen some photos of the BSN launch, found it very unusual for the Glasgow pair not to have team suits, only one wearing them. And not even any body colours!!

Which for a high profile league launch I find it very strange, has Glasgow lost the normal PR team/person they had ??

No we’re skint you not heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Neila said:

If I was to guess I'd say the new race suits weren't ready and Tom had binned/ donated his. Ace was wearing one of last year's I believe 

Robert Mackenzie left before the start of last season moving to join Celtics PR team. Was a big loss for the Tigers.

Social media is showing songs of flickering back into life but no racing filmed, no Roary and the screen being used as a glorified scoreboard were some of the more obvious signs of his loss last year. 

Afraid its all gone a bit stale. Needs another burst of enthusiasm, time and talent but not entirely sure where that is going to come from given the Facennas work there arses off making Allied a success. 

Can't fault the track staff or core product it's outstanding 

But the rest, well its like everyone else now with added kids race. 

Edited by Fingersfin

22 hours ago, Neila said:

It's Glasgow. Bound to be the team manager's fault.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2023 at 6:11 PM, Fingersfin said:

Robert Mackenzie left before the start of last season moving to join Celtics PR team. Was a big loss for the Tigers.

Social media is showing songs of flickering back into life but no racing filmed, no Roary and the screen being used as a glorified scoreboard were some of the more obvious signs of his loss last year. 

Afraid its all gone a bit stale. Needs another burst of enthusiasm, time and talent but not entirely sure where that is going to come from given the Facennas work there arses off making Allied a success. 

Can't fault the track staff or core product it's outstanding 

But the rest, well its like everyone else now with added kids race. 

Didn't you hear? Roary was shot whilst on safari in Africa. An American hunter under the misapprehension that he was extremely dangerous unloaded his blunderbuss into his backside. He will be sorely missed :cry: 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Didn't you hear? Roary was shot whilst on safari in Africa. An American hunter under the misapprehension that he was extremely dangerous unloaded his blunderbuss into his backside. He will be sorely missed :cry: 

Another fellow “Trophy Hunter”  .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Another fellow “Trophy Hunter”  .

But at least he got one :party:

• Like 1